anyone have an insight (3 Viewers)

The ONLY way you can prevent team orders or diving is to restrict teams to one car per class. Own one TF and the other has to be FC or PS…. Any combination, no repeats

The ONLY way you can prevent team orders or diving is to restrict teams to one car per class. Own one TF and the other has to be FC or PS…. Any combination, no repeats
Even that wouldn't do a whole lot. NASCAR has tried to limit teams to 4 cars, but there have been several instances where a team will just enter more cars under a different team name, and there's nothing the sanctioning body can really do about it. If NHRA told Torrence Racing they could only have 1 Top Fuel car, they'd just start entering Billy's car as a "Torrence Motorsports" car and carry on with their business

since there is absolutely no physical or mechanical way to tell if some one goes in the tank for another driver, i say use the only weapon available and that is 'public shaming'. shove a microphone in Steve's or Billy's face and ask them every annoying question, regarding, possibly winning the championship on a 'gift'. Since the Torrence's fund their entire operation themselves, I'm sure at some point they will tell everyone to F* off, but other teams who rely on outside funding will have to be more specific. My point is, let it be known, if a team order is issued, then they must subsequently face the scrutiny of the audience! Pro Stock is made up of only two factions and its inevitable, some 'tanking' is gonna take place, so as soon as the incident happens, put the 'Tanker' and the 'Tankie' on the stand (TV) and make them all but admit what they did and is it fair to the Fans and other racers
It was known, Tony Pedregon told everyone during the broadcast why Billy was sitting out.

How do you beat a 2 car team? Add more to your team. Torrence’s saw an opening on the chess board and grabbed it, smart racers.
Doesn’t always work out, when Force took a dive to get Robert into the Countdown, it cost Ashley a championship

How do you beat a 2 car team? Add more to your team. Torrence’s saw an opening on the chess board and grabbed it, smart racers.
Doesn’t always work out, when Force took a dive to get Robert into the Countdown, it cost Ashley a championship

twice.

Does anyone know if Steve-O was charged with an oil down after his round 2 win? He certainly lubed the shutdown area. You could see it coming out of the belly pan. NHRA even ran the next pair without cleaning up. I believe the next pair was Brittany in the same lane. NHRA rolled the trucks after her run to clean up the shut down area. Wondering if Brittany was charges for Steve’s oil potentially creating a major points swing.

I was so wanting Brittany to make a comment about her and Prock racing round 1 something along the lines that they both will show up to race. Would have added some spice to the fun. :)

It was nice to see Steve admit that if it wasn't for the countdown that they'd all be racing for second place.

Does anyone know if Steve-O was charged with an oil down after his round 2 win? He certainly lubed the shutdown area. You could see it coming out of the belly pan. NHRA even ran the next pair without cleaning up. I believe the next pair was Brittany in the same lane. NHRA rolled the trucks after her run to clean up the shut down area. Wondering if Brittany was charges for Steve’s oil potentially creating a major points swing.
If I am not mistaken the oildown points penalty goes away during the countdown, however the centerline penalty still applies.

I was so wanting Brittany to make a comment about her and Prock racing round 1 something along the lines that they both will show up to race. Would have added some spice to the fun. :)

It was nice to see Steve admit that if it wasn't for the countdown that they'd all be racing for second place.

One could say Prock blowing the tires off was team orders 😉

(No, I don't really believe it was - just stirring the pot ~:)~)

,,,,, and I know it's been brought up before,,,,, remember Gary Beck and Larry Minor? I was a kid when I watched that race but I kind of recall it being ok and expected for Minor to lose since Beck needed the points, they launch and didn't Beck's engine go silent and Minor coasted through the lights?
while lifting and tugging the brake LOL

Even that wouldn't do a whole lot. NASCAR has tried to limit teams to 4 cars, but there have been several instances where a team will just enter more cars under a different team name, and there's nothing the sanctioning body can really do about it. If NHRA told Torrence Racing they could only have 1 Top Fuel car, they'd just start entering Billy's car as a "Torrence Motorsports" car and carry on with their business
all of those 'satellite' teams come in handy...think Hendrick has his 4 and 5-6 satellites....Gibbs has 3-4 also

How many years has it been since that happened in Nascar? Also isn't Nhra also limited to 4 cars?

I've read this whole thread, lots of good posts. But I'm still confused. So.....Torrence Racing spent all that money to tow a second hauler and car and transport a team from Texas to St. Louis, put them all in hotels and feed them etc; and then did not enter a 19 car field. If they were worried about Billy racing Steve why even bother? Yes they certainly would have qualified or that would have been an even bigger joke than taking a dive in eliminations. But lots of big name full time teams had trouble. I think that this particular weekend "if" they had been on the same side of the ladder as Steve they could have easily backed it down with no obvious controversy. Why bring Billy's car and team and just sit in the pits? Looks much worse than just staying home. Can someone help me out here? I just don't get it.

I've read this whole thread, lots of good posts. But I'm still confused. So.....Torrence Racing spent all that money to tow a second hauler and car and transport a team from Texas to St. Louis, put them all in hotels and feed them etc; and then did not enter a 19 car field. If they were worried about Billy racing Steve why even bother? Yes they certainly would have qualified or that would have been an even bigger joke than taking a dive in eliminations. But lots of big name full time teams had trouble. I think that this particular weekend "if" they had been on the same side of the ladder as Steve they could have easily backed it down with no obvious controversy. Why bring Billy's car and team and just sit in the pits? Looks much worse than just staying home. Can someone help me out here? I just don't get it.
They did qualify, they just matched up against each other first round. So Billy sat out rather than spending the money to make an intentional non-competitive pass. They would have hoped to meet further into eliminations.

Are you sure you read the entire thread? 😜

So it looks like we’re talking the race at Zmax where Steve was 8 and Billy 9. If they really want to play the game, shouldn’t they have had Billy try to qualify 15 or 16? Not guaranteed to work but knocking off a top points car would seem to be the object. If they still wound up a match bc Steve moved to number 1 or 2 Billy can still dump it or no show. Ugly business.

So it looks like we’re talking the race at Zmax where Steve was 8 and Billy 9. If they really want to play the game, shouldn’t they have had Billy try to qualify 15 or 16? Not guaranteed to work but knocking off a top points car would seem to be the object. If they still wound up a match bc Steve moved to number 1 or 2 Billy can still dump it or no show. Ugly business.
with 19 cars there qualifying that car 15 or 16 would be taking a chance. I imagine they thought Steve would qualify much higher but it doesn't always work as planned.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back