Another question about Norwalk? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I just heard that Cedar point in Sandusky, Ohio was voted the most popular Amuzement park in the Country according to Paul Harvey news. And I was wondering if being that close to such a major Tourist attraction would help to increase attendance to the Natls. or not??? I know if I ever get a chance to go to that race, I wouldn't mind going to CP, especially to see that Top thrill ride!

the popularity of Cedar Point can really only help the attendance, but i bet Cedar Point will benefit more from the NHRA event, what with racers taking their families there and spectators from out of town maybe staying an extra day to go there

Don't just watch "Top Thrill Dragster." You have to ride it.

For the average person it is as close to leaving the starting line in a race car as you can get.

I am afraid of heights and that 400 ft. is way up there, but it is over so quick you "almost" don't have time to pass out or throw up.

Don't just watch "Top Thrill Dragster." You have to ride it.

For the average person it is as close to leaving the starting line in a race car as you can get.

I am afraid of heights and that 400 ft. is way up there, but it is over so quick you "almost" don't have time to pass out or throw up.

Being a Scarty-cat when it comes to Heights...........I don't know!:eek:

The proximity to Cedar Point mainly means that booking rooms early is an absolute "must" for Norwalk unless you live nearby.

I have said for years that the property across from Norwalk would be ideal for hotels and restaurants, I think its referred to as Linders lot. I have been to Norwalk several times and it is an excellant faucility, but yes rooms are hard to get and they always raise the price for the World Nationals and yes going to Cedar Point is great, but also why rooms are hard to get......Perry Jr.

Can't build hotels or shops on Linder's Lot, that's the parking lot for Norwalk Raceway Park. In any event, a dragstrip won't generate enough day-to-day demand to justify the expense.

No, I guess a vacant field that is used for overflow parking twice, maybe three times a year makes more sense than a multipurpose hotel, restaurant and shopping faucility with room for overflow parking that can be used year round and accomandates overflow Cedar Point traffic just doesn't make any sense at all, how silly of me.

P.S. any investors, developers out there want to loan me some money to buy a vacant field?......................Perry Jr.

Perry

A hotle in Norwalk along the main stretch would be more useful. A hotel on Linders which is on 2 no name roads would serve nothing but racers and i doubt that there would be enough overnight business to keep it viable.

Joe although I havne't made it in a few years Cedar Point does rock. It would be wise of nhra to do some cross promotion work with the top thrill ride leading up to the nationals

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back