Another Nitro Team Parks (1 Viewer)

Here's a thought. How about instead of busting the NHRA, the team owner's chops or the sponsors for pulling out, how about we thank them for the races that they did make possible, the drivers they did get a leg up to, the safety devices that they did put in place, and the history that we once saw.

People are approaching this like they parked the teams out of spite, they didn't seem to have a problem paying the high prices when the money was there, but now that it's not there, they are having a hard time doing it. I buy starbucks when I have money and when I don't, I go to higher grounds. It's as simple as that. The fans are the least of the concern to many of the teams who just let 6-10 employees go.

It's hard work having everybody's hopes and dreams on your shoulder, when that burden gets too rough, sometimes you have to take a step back.

This whole situation is making all the fair weathered fans hit the road. See ya!

Last edited:
Re: R2B2 F/C folds, Melanie joins the ranks of those looking for a car in '09

Just like most of us who have been racing for years...should he expect to be funded by someone else? Jim Head does it on his own dime, and so do thousands of sportsman racers. If you can't afford it, stay home.

Like most people playing with their toys, you have to pay to play. Some are fortunate enough to find someone else to pay for their fun, but it certainly isn't a "right" to be funded.

Amen. Post of the Year.

In the words of "The Gambler"...

"You've got to know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em...know when to walk away...and know when to run"...

Lotsa people are runnin' mighty fast too.

Here's a thought. How about instead of busting the NHRA, the team owner's chops or the sponsors for pulling out, how about we thank them for the races that they did make possible, the drivers they did get a leg up to, the safety devices that they did put in place, and the history that we once saw.

People are approaching this like they parked the teams out of spite, they didn't seem to have a problem paying the high prices when the money was there, but now that it's not there, they are having a hard time doing it. I buy starbucks when I have money and when I don't, I go to higher grounds. It's as simple as that. The fans are the least of the concern to many of the teams who just let 6-10 employees go.

It's hard work having everybody's hopes and dreams on your shoulder, when that burden gets too rough, sometimes you have to take a step back.

This whole situation is making all the fair weathered fans hit the road. See ya!

That is exactly what I have been thinking reading some posts about 'So Long NHRA' and the like. Those are from fair weather fans.
I have made some very good friends in both the sportsman and pro classes, and would never be able to sleep at night if I didn't show up to watch them race when I can. I love racing. Period. Is it what it used to be or how I got hooked initially? NO. But it isn't so bad that I won't go. The only thing holding me back is my personal budget, and I sincerely hope that changes (for many reasons). If all I have to worry about is affording to attend a couple of national events, that is a gift. The economy is much larger than that for me right now. I have money to spend for entertainment, and racing is at the top of my list. It will always be. For those that have an agenda or different attitude about drag racing, well then you do what you feel is necessary for yourself and your priorities. For me and the friends I have made, (and hope to make in the future) I will be there to cheer you on when my budget allows.
I wish everyone a very happy New Year. Hope to meet some of you at the races, the real fans!! You are the best.

cockroaches.jpg

:D :D :D

I'm not trying to bust any chops as all of us want a healthy NHRA. And I like NHRA which is why I'm passionate about this. But we all know fuel racing can't continue to keep spinning out of control financially. Yeah, a couple teams have to park every year and a couple more take their place. OK. Nobody said that this is easy. But when you have 10 teams out because they lost their sponsor or the team owner finally cries uncle and at the same time you have millions of dollars in profits at NHRA, you have to say hold on where is the reorganization in all of this? They need to get these cars on a financial diet and they need to up the round money.

The warning signs that this could happen have been around for a while. One team owner told me two years ago 'where would the sport be without Evan Knoll and Forrest Lucas'? Well now we know but the problem is much bigger than losing Mr. Knoll. I'm sure behind the scenes NHRA is trying to work this out as it directly effects them too.

Re: R2B2 F/C folds, Melanie joins the ranks of those looking for a car in '09

Roger and all the other multi-millionaires didnt get there by being stupid

...I NEVER implied ROGER was STUPID...

I more QUESTIONED him of being an IDIOT...!

...This "GUY" was boasting of writing sum b.s. song...telling his race team everything was COOL...and WITHOUT anything changing...FOLDS...a WEEK later...

...Then puts the burden of bad news on Oswald..........merry xmas....

very sad you would think a team with Melanie Troxel as a driver and Mark Oswald as a crew chief would be very marketable . I think the NHRA as a whole needs to work on marketing I live in Indianapolis and I the only time I ever hear about Nationals is the weekend of them and its really not mentioned much. I grew up In Bristol and as a teenager in the mid 80's every knew when the drags were in town it was a big deal .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back