RIP Mrs. Mary Mant Parks (1 Viewer)

Pinocchio

Nitro Member
I found this obituary on the SCTA site. As she was there at the beginning, I thought it proper to post this here.

04/10/10: Funeral services for Mary Mant Parks will be held on April 17, 2010 at 11 a.m., at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, 2150 Bonita Canyon Drive, Newport Beach, California. The building is located between the 73 freeway and MacArthur Boulevard. For more information contact David Parks at 714-309-2001 or Richard Parks at 714-963-3557.
Mary was born January 6, 1917 and married Wally Parks in 1935. She lived through the Great Depression, World War II and the recovery that followed. Dad was a founding member of the Southern California Timing Association (SCTA), becoming the president of the group in 1946. He became the first professional editor of Hot Rod magazine and later founded the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). They had two sons, Richard and David, five grandchildren, Scott, David, Michael, Mari and Tamara, four great-grandchildren, Allison, Jenny, Brock and Trevor, two daughter-in-laws, Epi and Barbara, three grand-daughter-in-laws, Michelle, Tara and Stacy, and one grand-son-in-law, Matt. Mary Parks knew many of the old racers who were instrumental in creating both American land speed racing and drag racing. She passed away on April 3, 2010 at the age of 93.

Sincerely, David Parks and Richard Parks

Sad to hear. I can only imagine what she and Wally are doing up there now. Getting match races together with our past stars I suppose.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back