Another good crash compilation on Youtube! (1 Viewer)

Re: Another good crash comp on Youtube!

"Good Crash????"
That's an oxymoron to anyone who has ever owned, built, financed or operated a race car of any kind. There is no "Good Crash!"

I agree with Doc.

Having owned, built, financed & driven & 4 months in traction from one "kool crash".

No good crashes.

I agree with Doc.

Having owned, built, financed & driven & 4 months in traction from one "kool crash".

No good crashes.
The "And They
Walked Away" series was good (imo) because of Steve Evans.
As somone that is trying to put a Nostalgia Eliminator (7.60 et)car down the track as a Driver/Owner I always cringe at the money when I see anything crash.

BTW what venue was that Gary Ormsby crash at :34? Seems like a poor way to position the guardrails!

It was Brainerd but the guardrails are not like that any longer. They have concrete walls down the entire length of the track now. Keep in mind.... that was 20 years ago! A lot of tracks had openings in the metal guardrails back then, not just Brainerd. It was very common at racing facilities that shared the drag strip with a road course. I'm pretty sure that was the opening to pit road that Gary hit at Brainerd. Blaine Johnson hit one of the guardrail openings at Indy 8 years after Ormsby's Brainerd crash. (just for an example)

Brian.

Last edited:

What's funny is that Samuel has encountered this over a thread that maybe should have been titled "A good compilation of bad crashes" ( :D ) WHILE we're having a discussion in the Lounge about words that women use and what they really mean!!! You almost have to be a lawyer to word anything correctly anymore! :D

This video does show that TF chassis failures aren't a recent phenomenon.

Anyone know anything about the jet funny car crash at 2:18. Looked like one of Roger Gustin's cars.

This video does show that TF chassis failures aren't a recent phenomenon.

Anyone know anything about the jet funny car crash at 2:18. Looked like one of Roger Gustin's cars.

Deployed the 'chutes too soon from what I am told. It basically helped lift the car into the air.

It's hard to believe that from all of that many of them walked away.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back