Another good crash compilation on Youtube! (1 Viewer)

Re: Another good crash comp on Youtube!

I think that was Brainard in Ormsby's wreck.

I never realized how much of Jerry Caminito's body was hanging out of the chassis. You can clearly see both legs right out there in the open.

That was Brainard or Maple Grove if I remember in Gary's Championship season. He raced the rest of the season in the Unpainted Castrol GTX Car.

"Good Crash????"
That's an oxymoron to anyone who has ever owned, built, financed or operated a race car of any kind. There is no "Good Crash!"

That was Brainard or Maple Grove if I remember in Gary's Championship season. He raced the rest of the season in the Unpainted Castrol GTX Car.

Actually, Gary went back to the short '87-88 car for a couple races before he brought out the new car in Topeka if I remember right.

Gary used 4 cars that year, had the wing come down at Sonoma, and turned the car over. He then bought a car from Larry Minor, ran Seattle then crashed in Brainerd. 2 cars gone in 3 races. Then he brought out the old car, and finished out 1989 with the new car. The unpainted 89 car was actually built for 1990 with the upcomming rules changes (3.20 gear ratio, etc.) in mind.

...Oh, and anytime you add METALICA and Drag Racing...it's a good thing!!;)

"Good Crash????"
That's an oxymoron to anyone who has ever owned, built, financed or operated a race car of any kind. There is no "Good Crash!"
iagree.gif

I won't comment any further on this because I don't want to get kicked off this site. The Doctor summed it up just fine.
thumb.gif

Scary stuff to watch. Hey guys, I think you are reading it wrong. My take is that he's saying in the Title "comp" as in compilation, the compiling of crashes. Not meaning good crashes at all. :cool:

Was that TJjr. at 1:09 where the wheel comes off right at the line? You'd think an Iowa boy would know. :eek:

...Oh, and anytime you add METALICA and Drag Racing...it's a good thing!!;)

Give me fuel, give me fire, oh sorry I got wrapped up in the song
049.gif
musik15.gif

I have no idea how Jerry made it out of that crash alive.

Some of you folks need to relax. No one on here was saying that crashes were a "good" thing. Just a well put together piece is all.

After watching, one has to think they were all for the most part pretty bad wrecks! I don't know if any of them resulted in serious injury or fatalities, but they were as bad as anything we have seen the past few years!

Man, hadn`t seen KJs wreck since probably right around the time it actually happened, Gliddens too. I`ll still never forget standing at the fence just past half track when KB took that wild ride over the wall at the Winters in `93. He started getting sideways as he went by and then it was all over. Luckily, he missed hitting Amato.

Give me fuel, give me fire, oh sorry I got wrapped up in the song
049.gif
musik15.gif

I have no idea how Jerry made it out of that crash alive.

I love Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart even better. "Top fuel funny car's a drug for me..." :D I read somewhere that when they started out, they'd play at dragstrips.

There are certainly some nasties in there. I always prefer the ones that "when they walked away"..I don't wanna see anyone get hurt..or desire to see any death videos.

Someone mentioned the Caminito crash earlier..if he hadn't done the landing and rolls in mud..I believe the outcome would have been worse. And he suffered terribly regardless.

Brent..yea that was TJ's rare 'blow the rear-end out at the hit' deal..glad no one was hurt from that.

That is a nice COMPILATION Sam..it's a dangerous sport..period.

Can you imagine if the Internet was around in the 80's? Everyone would be panicked over those crashes and DEMAND that NHRA make those cars safer. And the Push to slow the cars down because the Tires couldn't handle 300 MPH!:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back