Anderson Keeps Working, Kicks Off Dallas Qualifying in Fifth (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Greg Anderson started his qualifying effort at the O’Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals in Dallas, TX in a somewhat unfamiliar race car, having switched to the Summit Racing Pontiac with which his teammate Jason Line had opened the year in hopes of bettering his performance. On the outside, it would seem the move paid off, as he o pened with two solid runs at the Texas Motorplex, highlighted by his 6.628-second, 208.97 mph pass in the evening session. However, despite placing fifth and scoring a bonus point under the new qualifying rules, the three-time champion was not satisfied, believing there was still more work to be done.

“Even though we switched cars, I still don’t believe we’re running as well as we should be,” said Anderson. “I know our Summit Racing Pontiac is currently fifth, and doesn’t seem to be far off, but I know we can run better. Looking at the data from tonight’s run I’m not quite sure what the problem is, but we are going to keep digging until we find it.

“On the plus side, we were able to improve on our opening effort, which not many guys did. There are two sessions left tomorrow, and we’re going to see what we can do to get back to running to our potential. I may be disappointed but I’m even more determined.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back