A Challenging Saturday in Indy Places Anderson Fifth (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]After opening with the second-quickest time and the top speed on Friday, Greg Anderson and the Summit Racing team came into the second day of qualifying at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals eager to continue their strong showing. However, Saturday proved to be extremely challenging for the five-time Indy champion, as he battled to post times of 6.640 an d 6.636 seconds, leaving his opening 6.635-second, 208.20 mph effort as his run of record, placing him fifth with two attempts remaining on Sunday.

However, comfortable with the performance of his Summit Racing Pontiac and with the luxury of an additional day of qualifying at O’Reilly Raceway Park, Anderson simply viewed the day as an anomaly, and looks to come back strong on Sunday.

“I started off on a good foot yesterday, but today I just seemed to trip over both of them,” said Anderson. “I don’t know if I slept on the wrong side of the bed, but we had a few issues to deal with, including scuffing my nose, and we didn’t make any forward progress, putting us fifth heading into Sunday.

“But we know we’re better than that, so we’re just going to forget about today and come back tomorrow with a new attitude. The good news is that, because it’s the U.S. Nationals, we have another day and two runs to make it right, and we plan on putting this Summit Racing Pontiac right back at the top of the page tomorrow.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back