Anderson Qualifies 6th in Pomona, Keeps Things in Perspective (1 Viewer)

The final qualifying results from the 50th annual Kragen O'Reilly Winternationals will show that Summit Racing GXP driver Greg Anderson earned the sixth starting position with a 6.608-second, 209.82 mph run in the third session on Saturday afternoon. Although naturally disappointed after qualifying in the No. 1 position at this race in five of the last six years, the four-time Winternationals winner kept today’s showing in its proper perspective, having endured several hardships during the recently completed off season. In addition, Anderson remained keenly aware that the most important competition will come during tomorrow’s final eliminations.

“It wasn’t a great day at the racetrack, but a bad day of racing is still better than a house fire (as Anderson had in January) or somebody having a stroke (as team owner Ken Black did in December),” said Anderson. “After being buried with worries during the winter, I feel a whole lot better just being at the racetrack. It was good to get out and relax my mind driving my Summit Racing Pontiac.

“Obviously, I’m not thrilled with how our race car ran today, but we still have time to fix it for tomorrow. This morning’s run was definitely an improvement over the last two days, but still not where we need to be. This afternoon, we made a mistake but still learned from it, reminding ourselves that we have to race the right lane here differently from the left.

“I’m not about to panic, because we were getting directionally closer with every run, and qualified sixth without making anywhere near a quality run. Heading into tomorrow, I have all the confidence in this KB Racing team. I know we’ll be a top-running car with a good chance to win this race – of that I’m positive.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back