Allstate Drag Racing Commercial (1 Viewer)

A little fakey, like the officials looks like a Formula 1 pit crew, tools boxes at the starting line, a guy rolling a tire like he's gonna change it at the starting line, etc.
I tried to figure out where it was filmed because it looks like there is a lot of video editing on the signs.
But, it's good exposure for drag racing.

A little fakey, like the officials looks like a Formula 1 pit crew, tools boxes at the starting line, a guy rolling a tire like he's gonna change it at the starting line, etc.
I tried to figure out where it was filmed because it looks like there is a lot of video editing on the signs.
But, it's good exposure for drag racing.
It's Pomona with fake signage. The one shot shows the return road where it goes under the stands.

So the guy that's holding all of us up driving 5 mph under in the left lane... or any lane, is insured by All State. While they showcase drag racing in their advertising, it's not a good look.

So the guy that's holding all of us up driving 5 mph under in the left lane... or any lane, is insured by All State. While they showcase drag racing in their advertising, it's not a good look.
I think that’s taking a very skeptical look at the ad.
I love it. Anything that helps keep drag racing as part of the cultural zeitgeist is a good thing!

Don't know about the door car, but the '34 Altered is from Chino Hills Transmission and driven by Rick Frye out here in So. Cal in the nostalgia series in the NE1 class.

Like most Hollywood depictions of drag racing (or almost anything else) this commercial is hoaky. But I think that's what they wanted. I've been involved with a few and hey, they pay for your time.

BTW, I can't stand any of the Liberty Mutual commercials; they try too hard to be lighthearted.

Last edited:
Don't know about the door car, but the '34 Altered is from Chino Hills Transmission and driven by Brendon Frye out here in So. Cal in the nostalgia series in the NE1 class.

BTW, I can't stand any of the Liberty Mutual commercials; they try too hard to be lighthearted.
Couple of nice looking cars - I mean, something I can relate to.

As far as Liberty Mutual's ad - between the tacky yellow short sleeve shirt and the retro tintable glasses the Emu looks like the smartest entity in the ad.
Full Disclosure: Liberty dropped me after 25 years with a perfect "no claims" record on either homeowners, auto, or umbrella - They didn't want to continue to cover anything near Long Island Sound. Loyalty? I'll never forgive them!

the fact that allstate chose drag racing as a vehicle to advertise 'slow/safe driver discounts' is great. clever commercial. i really like it. hadn't seen it before this thread.
i really like the painted checkered finish line and the waving checkered flag.......fictitious sponsors too......how do you come up with ramesses!

the fact that allstate chose drag racing as a vehicle to advertise 'slow/safe driver discounts' is great. clever commercial. i really like it. hadn't seen it before this thread.
i really like the painted checkered finish line and the waving checkered flag.......fictitious sponsors too......how do you come up with ramesses!
There promoting snitch box’s that use access to your phone, goodby privac, friend got the big discount until they didn’t like the hours he drove back and forth to work. No thank you

I think the mission of these insurance companies is who can annoy you the most, whether it’s an ostrich, gecko, Flo or whatever. That said, agree some exposure is better than none, and for as hokey as it is, the car is sweet.

I like the Progressive Commercials with Flo and the other guy. Liked Gieco when they had the Caveman not so much anymore.

BTW, been with State Farm for almost 40 years. Yikes, does that mean I'm old?

I find it hilarious that the General insurance company has to run ads now that admit that the previous ads were so bad that people didn't realize they had a good product... also hilarious when the cartoon General challenged Shaq to a free throw contest 🤣

I found it to be both a well made commercial and funny. Cant see how that could be anything but good for drag racing...👍👍

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back