Allstate Drag Racing Commercial (1 Viewer)

I agree with Mark Jones that insurance companies using snitch boxes eliminate personal privacy, but more irritating to me is their desire to create super slow drivers. Drivers who accelerate so slow from stop lights that the guy 4 cars behind him never makes it through the light. Then he has to tie up traffic for another light cycle. They want you to drive like you have a gold fish bowl in the seat besides you and therefore become slow moving road blocks. Multiply this driving by just 25% of the drivers and it would increase road congestion, driver boredom or road rage and make travel much harder. Remember that if I drive a trip twice as fast as you do, I get off the road twice as soon AND I turn off my motor while yours is still running and running and running. Plus your time "in the danger zone of traffic" is double mine.

I also agree with Gino Ofria who said: "Like most Hollywood depictions of drag racing (or almost anything else) this commercial is hoaky." He's right, they don't want to be accused of presenting drag racing in a good light at all. Instead they are making somewhat subtle fun of it. Remember their goal is to get everyone to buy their insurance and put a snitch box on all your vehicles.

Do you think this ad might be targeting bracket racers? ..Nah.

Last edited:
I've got a "snitch box" in my truck and my rating as of today is 98%, meaning I'm almost a perfect driver resulting in almost a 40% discount on my last 6 month payment. I don't care if they want to track me if I save $$$.

There promoting snitch box’s that use access to your phone, goodby privac, friend got the big discount until they didn’t like the hours he drove back and forth to work. No thank you
thats good info to know. thank you mark.......i'll agree. no thank you.

Remember that if I drive a trip twice as fast as you do, I get off the road twice as soon AND I turn off my motor while yours is still running and running and running. Plus your time "in the danger zone of traffic" is double mine.

This is the best self-justification for speeding I have ever seen. I am definitely using it the next time the cops pull me over.

"But officer, I was trying to get out of the danger zone of traffic." 🤣 🤣

it sounds like allot of people on here need to go to fomoso raceway,you can see allot of cars like this.
There a lot of nostalgia organizations out there where cars like these run. From NETO back east to NDRL in the midwest to the Pro Nostalgia in the northwest and the ANRA and Nor Cal Nostalgia here in California. there's plenty of racing going on.

BTW, an update on the March (May) Meet. Things are starting to loosen up around here.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back