Beckman's Valvoline Commercial (1 Viewer)

kudos to valvoline.
loved their long running ad with barry setzer vega and others.
hope this spot plays during a variety of programming.

cool deal! they should have lots more drag racing commercials. it seems every commercial durin a nascar race has the drivers in it .

I hope they're better than those Capp's Napa adds, those are weak!

I don't mind the Napa ads even though they are not my cup of tea ... I am just THRILLED a NHRA sponsor is actually backing up their sponsor dollars with some marketing. Even though you may think those commercials are weak, you have to admit that is more exposure than a team has gotten in a long time ... I have seen those commercials during every Cup race I have watched this year. I am looking forward to the ones with Ron and Mikey Waltrip together.

I am just as THRILLED Valvoline has chosen to do the same with Fast Jack. TWO major sponsors running national commercials concurrently??? WOW. Good for DSR ... Good for NHRA ... and it's about time!!!

On a related tangent ... I have always wondered why Castrol never did anything with Papa Force ... so many wins and championships ... and a mouth that runs faster than the car. Now Ashley is winning and easy on the eyes and there is nothing coming from Castrol in that direction either ... it just baffles me.

On a related tangent ... I have always wondered why Castrol never did anything with Papa Force ... so many wins and championships ... and a mouth that runs faster than the car. Now Ashley is winning and easy on the eyes and there is nothing coming from Castrol in that direction either ... it just baffles me.

They DID do some things with John. Remember the one where he's standing if front of his crew, talking about how "If we don't win, they don't eat. They eat pretty good!" Then one of the crewmembers takes big bite out of an apple?

I agree Ashley needs to be in a couple of them though.

They DID do some things with John. Remember the one where he's standing if front of his crew, talking about how "If we don't win, they don't eat. They eat pretty good!" Then one of the crewmembers takes big bite out of an apple?

I agree Ashley needs to be in a couple of them though.

Chris has a point. How long ago were those ads? I barely remember them. While we're at it, how about a Budweiser commercial with Weebles in it.

Good for Jack, Valvoline, Roger & Karen Comstock and All of Drag Racing!!

This is awesome. Valvoline always has some cool stuff in their promotion commercials.

And Joe, Whats wrong with Ron & Napa??? After all, we are driving "Funny Cars" :D:D

I'd love to see it during the Indy race and the 600 (but if they just shot it, its probably still in post and wont be done in time).. Good deal Valvoline!! :)

... I have always wondered why Castrol never did anything with Papa Force ... so many wins and championships ... and a mouth that runs faster than the car. Now Ashley is winning and easy on the eyes and there is nothing coming from Castrol in that direction either ... it just baffles me.

i have wondered that too.
maybe that Castrol is subsidiary of British Petroleum and in the grand scheme
of selling Castrol worldwide, JFR is a smaller piece of their pie than we
here in states would think?

Last edited:
The more commercials featuring Drag Racing, the better. I too, think it's surprising Castrol hasn't done a lot more with the Forces. Also, I think the NAPA spots with Ron are pretty good. Comedy gold...

i have wondered that too.
maybe that Castrol is subsidiary of British Petroleum and in the grand scheme
of selling Castrol worldwide, JFR is a smaller piece of their pie than we
here in states would think?

The Castrol motorsport calender that my Dad gets from BP every year has featured John Force for the last couple of years along with Rally Cars, F1 cars, World superbikes etc.

Oh would make sense If i added that he works for Red Bull F1 team here in sunny England.

And Joe, Whats wrong with Ron & Napa??? After all, we are driving "Funny Cars" :D:D

I understand the joke of those commercials, I just think there Far better ways to use that car to promote Napa and/or NHRA! Like maybe showing Ron signing autographs in the pits at a race. Or maybe showing him making a pass all the while showing fans covering their Ears? That's what capturing the adrenaline of the sport is all about! :rolleyes:

About 15 years ago Valvoline had one of the great motorsport/drag racing commercials of all time, featuring Al Unser Jr, Mark Martin and Joe Amato ...

In it, the guys were chatting amongst themselves and Amato made some smart remark with either Unser or Martin saying 'Are you going to take that from a drag racer?'. The other responds with 'Hey Joe, turn and face your accuser'. Amato closes the commercial with the classic line; "I don't have to turn man, I'm a drag racer!"

Very, very cool commercial!

About 15 years ago Valvoline had one of the great motorsport/drag racing commercials of all time, featuring Al Unser Jr, Mark Martin and Joe Amato ...

In it, the guys were chatting amongst themselves and Amato made some smart remark with either Unser or Martin saying 'Are you going to take that from a drag racer?'. The other responds with 'Hey Joe, turn and face your accuser'. Amato closes the commercial with the classic line; "I don't have to turn man, I'm a drag racer!"

Very, very cool commercial!

will always remember that commercial.
that line by amato is classic.

I understand the joke of those commercials, I just think there Far better ways to use that car to promote Napa and/or NHRA! Like maybe showing Ron signing autographs in the pits at a race. Or maybe showing him making a pass all the while showing fans covering their Ears? That's what capturing the adrenaline of the sport is all about! :rolleyes:
Point well taken, Joe, but I think they were trying to come up with a parallel kind of commercial to be a companion to Michael Waltrip's autograph commercial, or the one where he was reading fan mail--neither one had much to do with racing, but by kind of making fun of himself, I think it builds a drivers image with his fans. Maybe they need to consider doing both kinds of commercials??

*****IN!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO USE THIS ONE IN THE "BEST OF BECKMAN" Part 2 Video!!! About Time that Jack and his team get some good PUB for their sponsor! ;) Looking forward to seeing it!

Timmah!

I wonder where this commercial ranks with all the current Funny Car commercials being shown :confused: Oh there aren't that many? What? Great job and kudos to the NAPA folks!!!!!! Looking forward to the rest.

Anyone who has the change to put Fast Jack in a commercial and doesn't is just plain dumb and I don't think the folks at Valvoline are just plain dumb.

I hope they're better than those Capp's Napa adds, those are weak!

I think that is cute! A Funny car telling jokes. Okay so your talking to the girl who has a Trans Am Name Chucky (Childs Play), that I sit in and talk to some times (doesnt run, Had some car jacking issues) Cars are people too. Did you know they also have gender

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back