Allergy Medicine- (1 Viewer)

r2

Nitro Member
I went to my local Walgreens to buy some allergy medicine the other day because of a nagging headache that everyone told me was an allergy... The only thing I am allergic to is grass, as in lawn... I have to take a card to the pharmacist to obtain Advil allergy 20 count tablets... O.K. no big right?? Wrong, very wrong...

The lovely lady behind the counter goes and gets what I asked for, comes back and wants to see my I.D. I'm thinking alright no problem... I open my wallet thinking she just wants to look at my picture... She says can you please take it out so I can get the information I need... WTF I'm thinking to myself... I have a headache and the sniffles... She begins to type in ALL of my info from my DL and I asked her why all of this for the sniffles?? She said the DEA keeps track of every behind the counter medicine... I asked her if I should expect a knock at my door after I get back home, at which point she giggled... Again I thought WTF... I'm sorry I did not save my receipt, but it did say I could not buy more than 3.6 grams of this medicine in a given amount of time... 7-30 days or something like that... I totally understand the meth problem we have in this country, but I had the sniffles... WTBeep!!

Was I profiled?? :mad: Or has anyone else had this issue??
Lets see, I'm in the lounge... :eek: Is this allowed here?? :D

Some of the ingredients can be utilized to make crack or something... I ran into this a few months back as well. I complained that if I was going to be on the government hit list they should be giving me something better than a cold/allergy medication. :D

It is an insane waste of taxpayer dollars. So what if the ingredients can be used to cut coke or something... Heck, they don't take my ID when I buy yeast or water and that is used to make beer. :rolleyes:

My nephew got something in his eye yesterday, dust I guess... But I went to Longs and asked the pharmacist about eyewash and drops for a 10 year old... 500 to pick from... But right next to the eye care ISLE!! was 500 different condoms... I had to wonder with my experience from earlier having the sniffles, what the hell they would want from me if I bought a box of wrap... :D :eek:

allergy medicine

Ray, go to a health food store and buy some apple cider vinegar. I mix a shot glass with it and any kind of juice. Still tastes like crap but it cured all my allergy problems.

allergy medicine

Ray, go to a health food store and buy some apple cider vinegar. I mix a shot glass with it and any kind of juice. Still tastes like crap but it cured all my allergy problems.
Will I be carded, frisked and interegated Mike?? :D
I think it's a head cold anyway, but unless you listen to everyones 2 cents and do as they tell you... You never hear the end of it, if you know what I mean... ;)
Someone could have told me about the DEA deal...
My license has not been out of my wallet in 10 years... :)

Some allergy meds are used to help produce crystal-meth...old news.
BTW...this Fed (DEA) plan was signed by Pres Bush....
Crystal-meth is the 'drug of choice' today for teens according to the DEA.

Well Crystal Meth was available in the 1970s, long before we had Advil... I know because I was a teenager in the 1970s and gave up many bad things a couple of decades ago... My only point is if ingredients are forcing people to ID themselves in the manner I have been subjected to and as has been referenced here, then we are wasting valuable resources profiling innocent people when some common sense could provide a greater benefit with less intrusion.

Pharmacies do not share information between themselves so a dedicated person could hit up 50 pharmacies in a day regardless of the ID system. I fail to see how this makes anything any better?

Ted...I agree...this program to ID everyone is part of the 'Pres Bush plan on fighting terrorism'....He filtered it thru the DEA's plan/budget...

Pharmacies do not share information between themselves so a dedicated person could hit up 50 pharmacies in a day regardless of the ID system. I fail to see how this makes anything any better?
Ted, that is true, however with the ID deal... We are now entered into the DEA database for sniffles I mind you... And these other guys are probably buying what they need online anyhow... With the limit that was on my receipt 3.6 grams I believe it was... I would only be guessing here, but that can't be more than a few boxes before the FEDS come breaking your door down... :eek: SNIFFLES!! :rolleyes:

Meth is the "bathtub gin" of this generation, and it is produced with pretty much household items (battery acid and bleach being some of it..:eek: ).

Seems that some kids were paying attention in science class after all, and now it is the cause for everything from home invasion crimes and Breaking & Entering theft to Terrorism (if you believe the Gov's reports). Seems that Al Quida is making it in Mexico and getting illegals to bring it over to help brainwash America :rolleyes: , but yet anyone can make it here as well... Hmmm..

Pharmacists have been checking ID's here in AZ for a few years now for the purchase of what used to be over-the-counter drugs who's chemical makeup is involved in the making of these poisons, but its not as bad as you think... One of the locals of my watering hole works for a major chain, and she says that at the end of the month, all those sheets they have go in the shredder... It has slowed down the hop-heads that were coming in every 4 hours for Sudafed, but there is no " master list" of everyone that has allergies...

So you're safe, Ray (for now...:cool: )

Methamphetamine has been around for a lonnggg time.

Originally used as a semi cure all for the medical community. Nasal sprays, etc.

It's nasty stuff now..would stop your sniffles there, Ray!!!

It's over-kill when the pharmacists can't use their own discretion when selling over the counter anything 'phrine'..and have to log anything.

Do you know where I can find any David?? :D
I called several pharmacies and they put me on hold for a while, then my phone started making these clicking noises every 5-10 seconds... I thought maybe I had been disconnected... I started reading Martins post while I continued to hold when it hit me... This may not be a legal substance, at which time my phone stopped with the little beeping noise and my doorbell rang... I pulled the wires to my phone out of the wall and have been hiding behind my couch for over two hours now... :p Did you hear that?? :eek: I think the sniffles I can live with... The paranoia, hearing voices and noises are kinda normal for me... But I could do without the bologna sandwiches for lunch every day, and the constant whistling by lonely inmates if you catch my drift bro... :D Thanks anyway...

I seem to remember putting apple cider in barrels when I was a teenager.... ;) I got the recipe from an "old" stone mason who also provided the barrels.... :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back