AJ new home? (1 Viewer)

Maybe Connie wants to get Doug his Title while he's still around. Maybe AJ wants another title and Salinas is not the driver that's gonna get it for him. Sure seems like he's got alot on his plate. If this happens or not you know there's gonna be changes during the off season at Kalitta Racing.

If that is true, Holy F! that will be a game changer. What happened with Mike Salinas?
The car isn't performing, so AJ wants out 🤣. Kinda like the old saying..."Most accidents happen within 25 miles from home....that's why I moved"

Grubnic was offered a job with Kalitta after he was pulled from the car. He turned it down because he didn't want to move to Michigan. As far as I know he still lives in Montana. As small as the NHRA world is you can't afford to keep to many enemies. No one ever thought AJ would go to DSR and Prock and Medlen have gone back and forth from JFR to DSR. I would just guess AJ would like to have a full time team to manage. Salinas seems to have to many other things going on. I'd like to see Doug have a good shot at a title and AJ would be a good way to start
I agree, I'll bet that AJ is frustrated with Mike S and his diversions into Pro Mod, he's also stated that he (Mike S) would like to try PSM. I too would like to see Doug Kalitta win a championship.

Assuming Steve wins championship because of competition's bad reaction times, could Connie acquire two frustrated crew chiefs ? Would that team be able to stop the Capco boys ?

I'm thinking Mike S just wants to play in drag racing, AJ wants to win simple as that.
You can do both. I'm confident that any vehicle Salinas gets in the seat of, he is determined to do his best and win. His only downfall are his lights...no offense, because I'm getting there too, as we get older our reactions slow...I can only assume if there is any rift, its due to the lack of focused seat time.
It is possible that losing 3-4 rounds on holeshots this year has hurt the team and AJ

Or Mike doesn't feel comfortable with Alan really cranking up the wick on his dragster in which Alan is more than capable to do.

Or Mike doesn't feel comfortable with Alan really cranking up the wick on his dragster in which Alan is more than capable to do.
Joe what does that even mean? Mike usually qualifies pretty high up the ladder, and has been 3.6's. Pretty sure AJ has the wick turned up every time that car pulls to the line.

AJs talent is being wasted with Salinas, imo. He doesn't place whether he has AJ or not. So if AJ leaves, he's not losing much.

Makes you wonder how AJ feels about being on a team with no hope of a championship when he knows he's a championship caliber tuner. I know I wouldn't stay on a team like that forever if I were in his position. I'd much rather take less money and be on a team that can actually win.

AJs talent is being wasted with Salinas, imo. He doesn't place whether he has AJ or not. So if AJ leaves, he's not losing much.

Makes you wonder how AJ feels about being on a team with no hope of a championship when he knows he's a championship caliber tuner. I know I wouldn't stay on a team like that forever if I were in his position. I'd much rather take less money and be on a team that can actually win.
AJ delivers championships, pretty sure average reaction times are a mere bag of shells in his case.

The longest time AJ tunes anyone beside his own car is about two or three years and even then he changed drivers on his stuff quite q bit. I don't think he ever plans on making a home at one team. He probably has made more drivers a Champion than anybody.

The longest time AJ tunes anyone beside his own car is about two or three years and even then he changed drivers on his stuff quite q bit. I don't think he ever plans on making a home at one team. He probably has made more drivers a Champion than anybody.
He would most likely be my pick for a tuner if i were in a top fueler

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back