Adam Flamholc P/M with Russian sponsor (1 Viewer)

It's collusion with Flamholc. :) Did you see all the Russian drag photos? Seems to be mostly front wheel drive, or all wheel drive, one Viper Pro Mod and one T/D. From what I have read, some Russian cars are running with the European drag circuit & some of the European racers are helping the Russians. A long time ago, I was stationed at a missle site in Montana. All of the missles were aimed up over the Pole at the Soviet Union. We were ready to "go toe to toe with the Ruskies" (Slim Pickens as Major Kong, the B-52 pilot in the movie Dr Stangelove). Now they are running turbocharged Pro Mods. Ya never know. Maybe American drag racing & Rock N Roll will unite the world..... heh There is a Russian rock band called Rocking Sun that does a pretty good version of some Doors songs. See 'em on U Tube.

It's collusion with Flamholc. :) There is a Russian rock band called Rocking Sun that does a pretty good version of some Doors songs. See 'em on U Tube.

There's a Russian band, Leonid and Friends, that covers Chicago and has to be heard to be believed. The band Chicago itself was so impressed they helped launch Leonid on their own website. As for Russians and cars, I hope they drive down a race track better than they drive on the street. Nearly every YouTube video out there highlighting car crashes was shot on Russian streets, where everybody has a GoPro on their dash to catch the action.

There's a Russian band, Leonid and Friends, that covers Chicago and has to be heard to be believed. The band Chicago itself was so impressed they helped launch Leonid on their own website. As for Russians and cars, I hope they drive down a race track better than they drive on the street. Nearly every YouTube video out there highlighting car crashes was shot on Russian streets, where everybody has a GoPro on their dash to catch the action.
Thanks. I just spent the 1st hour of my day watching them on YT. Simply amazing, and yes, must be heard to be believed.

Dmitry Samorukov is now entered in Pro Mod at Santa Pod's upcoming The Main Event, hosting Round 1 of the FIA/FIM European Championships, May 24-27.

Our first Russian entrant in an FIA championship class, though he has, I think, run in a Top Doorslammer exhibition during a Tierp FIA race in Sweden.

Thanks for the info Robin. Be interesting to see how he does. Maybe he will be the first 5 second Russian. :)

Being a communist country I'm amazed Putin allows him enough money to run Pro Mod or anything involved in Drag Racing

Being a communist country I'm amazed Putin allows him enough money to run Pro Mod or anything involved in Drag Racing
You'd be amazed at the personal wealth in that country for a few. I'm on my way over in a couple of weeks; I'll bring some NHRA swag and see who bites...

I was in Moscow about ten years ago. We were by the college which happens to also be near the 1980 Winter Olympics ski jump. I noticed a ton or cars and people hanging out, it was a lot of younger people racing or just BS'g. I didnt see any American muscle cars, all imports. I happen to have a WJ shirt on and they all wanted to talk about drag racing and what its like here. For the record they also have NASCAR on TV over there.

Point of interest...the 1959 Worlds Fair had a General Motors display with quite a few of the Gm cars on display. One of the first US cars I saw leaving the airport was Corvette, its quite a mix of automobiles there. Number one stolen car was a Bentley

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back