A New Pro Stock On The Horizon? NHRA Reveals A/FX Exhibition Class (1 Viewer)

Seems the hype on this has died down. At first you would hear about someone having one of these being built weekly. The NHRA had said there would be exhibition runs with them later in the season. Anyone heard anything new?

Seems the hype on this has died down. At first you would hear about someone having one of these being built weekly. The NHRA had said there would be exhibition runs with them later in the season. Anyone heard anything new?
I heard INDY might be the race in which they may first appear. At least that is the target race at this point.

When I was 15 years old, a friend of mine and I had Bud Fabel build our first A/FXr for us. A 1964 Chevy Nova we purchased off a used car lot. We had a Z-11 427 installed with a four-speed on avgas. that was in 1964. In '66, Pete Seaton and Jay Howell changed it to an injected 427 runny nitro with a 400 Turbo trans. A long time ago. Almost 60 years. Lots of fun.

Hayden Profitt had a 1962 Pontiac Tempest w/ 421 Pontiac engine. A/FX I'd say A/FX was the grandfather of P/S AND F/C.

Wanna see if Toyota gets in the mix. Article hinted about that. Hmmmm, maybe a Camry re-worked into a 2 door, and a supercharged Toyota V8 and........

Wanna see if Toyota gets in the mix. Article hinted about that. Hmmmm, maybe a Camry re-worked into a 2 door, and a supercharged Toyota V8 and........
I like this direction coming back closer to what the manufacturers are producing. Unfortunately we are being told by the government that once again.....high horsepower engines are going to be phased out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back