A New Pro Stock On The Horizon? NHRA Reveals A/FX Exhibition Class (1 Viewer)

Kind of odd the NHRA site did not break this story……..Maybe November 5th is the new April 1st, lol.

How about an E/FX class for electric cars?
As long as they keep them separate in their own class. With jumps we’ve seen in performance over one weekend with the current electric cars they would have to add 100 pounds a day to keep parity, lol.

The original A/FX was an exciting class to watch. had all kinds of interesting combos, like a 1962 Tempest "compact" cat w/ 421" Pontiac motor. I kinda think that was the fore-runner of Pro Stock and maybe funny car as well. Am also thinking this is the end of Pro Stock (Camero) as we know it now, which won't break my heart. We'll see. Oh, who is going to fund this new class?

Thanks Michael, if you look beyond the listing of the rules and speculation of the future, you will see this in the immediate is to address an issue with Factory Stock Showdown, in that once a car goes 7.499 or quicker it makes obsolete the format of FSS in its present configuration and original design. The FX division allows for cars to blow past the obvious wall the class has faced but kept backing up from.

here is bret kepner from a few months ago. bret talks about all this at length. it is a great interview. and he talks about rental cars.

Yeah, it would be cool to see some of the former Pro S drivers come back. Mark Pawuk has been doing good. I keep rooting for him to win.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back