A New Pro Stock On The Horizon? NHRA Reveals A/FX Exhibition Class (1 Viewer)

can't figure out exactly what's going to happen with this class......what happens to FS? what happens to PS? what if it doesn't work? can it slip into SS or comp?
what if class is hugely popular, and factory support dollars are weened from nitro classes? what if factory support is huge, and other players come in; then it's all about brands
and selling cars again. why not contact netflix and really blow it up bigtime. the drivers would suddenly be more popular than john force.
The class will be a legal comp eliminator class.

IMO the 10.5 tire is a good starting point. wonder if exhaust will be under car headers? or some may port out side just behind front fender?
exhaust rules only point to general rules 1:3, regulations for exhaust.

If this becomes the new Pro Stock class, I wonder how many current P/S teams would switch?
If they still want to race I would assume A/FX is the closest to fitting what they are use to. If it creates a big enough buzz I bet sponsors would encourage them to switch. I’m sure many are excited to run something other than a Camaro.

There could be some good car counts early on with both current and former Pro Stock guys. Then the current Factory Showdown competitors dipping their toes in.

i just hope the NHRA keeps an open mind this time and include some of the opinions and thoughts of the people who's gonna invest in this class. Based on interviews and articles, the most recent rules in Pro Stock (wheelie bars, decals, EFI etc.) did not involve any opinion by the current competitors and all it achieved, was millions of dollars spent by said competitors and was a complete bust!

Factory chassis and sheet metal would be nice. Plus wheels up about two or three feet on launch. Just my opinion but tube chassis destroyed pro stock drag racing and NASCAR.

I thought I had read early on that this new class would be tube framed. I did a quick review of the rules and did not see tubing specs.

No tube frames allowed?

I thought I had read early on that this new class would be tube framed. I did a quick review of the rules and did not see tubing specs.

No tube frames allowed?
Wouldn't they have to strengthen the monocoque chassis somehow?

Factory chassis and sheet metal would be nice. Plus wheels up about two or three feet on launch. Just my opinion but tube chassis destroyed pro stock drag racing and NASCAR.
Factory sheet metal would be cool, but I would worry about aero stability. Not sure a factory chassis on a small tire 6 second capable race car would be a good choice from a safety aspect.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back