A Consistent Line Opens Houston Qualifying in Fourth (1 Viewer)

Event: 2nd annual NHRA Spring Nationals

Day/Date: Friday, April 29, 2011

Summit Racing Pro Stock racer Jason Line was the picture of consistency on Friday, recording identical 6.579-second elapsed times in each of his two qualifying runs at the NHRA Spring Nationals in Houston, Texas, claiming the provisional fourth starting position. Making one run in each lane, the 2007 Houston winner posted the third quickest time in each session among the 18 cars attempting to qualify, scoring two valuable bonus points and putting him in a good position to move up during Saturday’s twin sessions at the Baytown quarter-mile.

“All in all, my Summit Racing Pontiac made two good runs today,” said Line. “The good news is that there was certainly more left in each of those runs. We definitely learned something today, which gives us a good starting point for Saturday. The track was very good today, and I want to commend the Safety Safari for the great job they did prepping it.

“I do want to congratulate Ronnie (Humphrey, driver of the Summit/Genuine Hotrod Hardware Pontiac run in conjunction with Line’s KB Racing team, who is the provisional No. 1 qualifier) for being No. 1. That’s the first time he’s ever done that, and it’s great to see him so excited, and we’re excited for him. All in all, it was a good day, and we’ll try to build on that tomorrow.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back