Line Hits his Mark, Opens Dallas Qualifying a Solid Second (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]One of Summit Racing Pontiac driver Jason Line’s goals for the first day of qualifying at the O’Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals in Dallas, TX was to establish a baseline to give his crew something to build on for the rest of the weekend. He accomplished his mission, making the second quickest pass in each of Friday0s twin sessions at the Texas Motorplex, highlighted by his 6.611-second, 209.33 mph best in the opening stanza. Although pleased to be sitting second midway through the qualifying procedure with a total of four bonus points, the ultra competitive Line naturally headed into Saturday looking for further improvement.

“Our Summit Racing Pontiac was pretty decent today, making it down the track in both sessions,” said Line. “It did go a little left tonight, which put me out in the marbles, so I had to short shift to get it through there and back into the middle of the track, but it was still good enough to score another two bonus points.

“I believe we have a race car capable of contending for the win, but there is always room for improvement. We have two more runs tomorrow, and although it might be too warm to take over the top spot, we still want to score as many points as we can and put ourselves in the best position for race day.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back