Anderson Rebounds to Slot Sixth in Houston (1 Viewer)

Event: 24th annual NHRA Spring Nationals

Day/Date: Friday, April 29, 2011

Greg Anderson and the Summit Racing team rode a competitive rollercoaster during the first day of qualifying at the NHRA Spring Nationals in Houston, Texas. After suffering a mechanical failure during their opening attempt at Royal Purple Raceway, the defending Pro Stock champions were forced to change engines in the short time between sessions. Despite completing the task with no time to spare and being the first car to make a run in the left hand lane, Anderson powered through the quarter-mile in 6.585 seconds with a top speed of 209.95 mph to move from outside the field to the sixth position midway through qualifying.

With two attempts remaining on Saturday, Anderson will look to further improve his standing for Sunday’s final eliminations. In the meantime, he was quick to congratulate his brother-in-law Ronnie Humphrey, who captured the provisional No. 1 position in his Summit Racing/Genuine Hotrod Hardware Pontiac which is run in conjunction with the KB Racing crew.

“The Summit Racing team had a very busy day today,” said Anderson. “We had to change the engine after the first round and being the first car out for the second session, we almost ran out of time. We didn’t have the time we needed to make all the changes we wanted, so I’m pretty happy to get down the racetrack and into the show. Things could have been better, but they certainly could have been worse, so I’m pretty upbeat about our chances to improve tomorrow. We have yet to make a good run, and we’re sixth.

“I’m also happy for my brother-in-law. It’s pretty darn cool to see Ronnie in the No. 1 position, and it shows that we have three really good race cars again this weekend. Everything seems to be right on schedule, and I think we’re going to be just fine tomorrow.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back