90 % (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I was wondering if anybody that made it out to Firebird had any comments on the sound of the cars at 90%. My dad was there for a short time Sat night and only saw a few runs, but said the cars sounded strong. I know a lot of people were hoping for a return to 90% to bring the pop back, and we got it, so I'm looking forward to hearing them this year.

I was wondering the same thing.

Thanx for that vid Paul!
Awesome find.
I can hear more snap in the pulses.

That is a great camera perspective.
I hope ESPN2 puts a guy on the roof of the towers from now on.:D

Paul, thanks for the link, they sounded great! Man, once you get into Youtube, it takes some disclipline to get out, there are so many race videos. Good thing I'm self-employed!

Most of what I heard was going up in smoke with a few exceptions while trying to get a combination together that would hook the track. I can say this:
"Your eyes will burn as good as ever, if you're caught in a cloud of yellow smoke." Wow!

.......Man, once you get into Youtube, it takes some disclipline to get out, there are so many race........
that's funny stuff.....but so true, i have the same problem.
thanks for the video paul, 90% sounds great again.
espn camera on roof; another great idea.

I was out at Firebird all afternoon today and...

YES, the nitro cars sound better!

You can actually hear a cackle and I would swear they're louder.

You will notice the difference and remember the good ol' days, lol.

I noticed it right away! You hear a little more Pop at Idle, but the Sound on the Burnouts and the runs is NIGHT and DAY!;)

I was out at Firebird all afternoon today and...

YES, the nitro cars sound better!

You can actually hear a cackle and I would swear they're louder.

You will notice the difference and remember the good ol' days, lol.

:D - your cell phone was not up to the noise today. Wish I could have been out there with ya! Burnouts are intense and the cackle is there when cars stage. Get to the line if you have a chance - your ears will give up, but you can feel the hit is harder! - :cool:

Sounds real good to me....this new subwoofer deal i bought is the cats meow for that.

My dog is going bonkers.

That sounds great! Whatever camcorder was used has some pretty good mics because there's a ton of low frequency stuff recorded on that vid. :D

I was up on the Tower at Firebird a few years ago at 85%, and the Noise up there is Incredible! I guess because the Headers are directed right at you the Concussion is incredible!

Oh man, that was so great! No mistaking the sweet music of 90%. Damn, my first race isn't until Houston. Can't wait!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back