90% back (1 Viewer)

But will everyone run them "easier"?

I seriously doubt it. Crew Chiefs have learned 85%. Giving them 90% will result in 4.30s in TF and 4.50s in FC before Atlanta 2008 (more likely, Phoenix).

The "big" guys are gonna run the engines harder, no matter what the percentage.

This is good to see, hopefully it will make for a better show. The funny car class has really struggled as far as ET's go after the first couple of races this year, so I would think that this can only help improve the quality of the races.

I seriously doubt it. Crew Chiefs have learned 85%. Giving them 90% will result in 4.30s in TF and 4.50s in FC before Atlanta 2008 (more likely, Phoenix).

The "big" guys are gonna run the engines harder, no matter what the percentage.

Seeing as I live in Phoenix, I am almost more excited about going to the January test session next year than I am about going to the finals in Pomona this year! I don't want to see those results at the expense of safety, but if the 2420s can hold up then I am all for it.

This is great news! Don't get me wrong about the sound of a 90% engine being better sounding than on 85%, but we'll see some better overall racing which is the most important thing. Thanks Dan Olson!

When you have the #1 team in F/C desiring 85% nitro I cannot imagine NHRA going against the all-time NHRA trophy team and all the investment they have done...JFR has even done major testing on 80% nitro....

Increasing nitro to 90% is a good call. Lowering it to 85% never slowed the cars down in the long run. I don't seem to recall Funny Cars topping 330 mph while under 90% and now they are doing it on 85%. Reducing it to 85% was a knee jerk reaction to the tragic death of Darrell Russell. Everyone was screaming that something needed to be done and reducing the nitro % was the fastest and easiest thing the NHRA could do to make it look as thought it was doing something. I wrote about this very subject on FastMachines.com. Welcome back 90% and a good call by the NHRA to bring it back.

Re: BACK TO 90% in 2008!

mmmmmmmm 90% pop!

This is about the best news I've had other then yeah this would be it, Oh and a PM from Ray ;)in like the past week.

Just because 90% is back does not mean they will run any quicker with the existing tire, especially if there is heat on the track. It will be nice to hear a little more cackle.

Just because 90% is back does not mean they will run any quicker with the existing tire, especially if there is heat on the track. It will be nice to hear a little more cackle.
Also I may make mention of the dreaded rev-limiter- :rolleyes:

Cackle good- I remember when they ran 30% and we thought that was cool... We run 97% next weekend- :D Come on out to Sacramento-

I guess all the whining should be over now huh?? The sky is blue again- :eek:
I did'nt think so- :p

Also I may make mention of the dreaded rev-limiter- :rolleyes:

Cackle good- I remember when they ran 30% and we thought that was cool... We run 97% next weekend- :D Come on out to Sacramento-

I guess all the whining should be over now huh?? The sky is blue again- :eek:
I did'nt think so- :p

Sky Blue? Yes....
Well it's dark now but should be blue tomorrow....
tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow....
You're always a day away......

back to my Jagged Monsters

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back