5.097 T/AD !!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

way to go megan , what a world class pass .. with good cool conditions at the motorplex, maybe a speed record also (and quicker ?).... just think , rachal gets the car n 2021 ..

way to go megan , what a world class pass .. with good cool conditions at the motorplex, maybe a speed record also (and quicker ?).... just think , rachal gets the car n 2021 ..
I was at Randy's shop about a month ago and we were talking Reichardt 5.10 and I ask him if he could break it and he pointed to Megan's chassis he could if condition was right. Yesterday he put a new motor after first round and he tune up was kill and Megan killed it. If was only fitting for her to do it since she's leaving her seat at end of year what a career.

Both of those passes were impressive. Now will NHRA hand out a rule change for the injected nitro cars?

Both of those passes were impressive. Now will NHRA hand out a rule change for the injected nitro cars?
No because no other A/FD was close, and Cowie went 5.16 in his blown car. Even Randy Meyer’s other team car wasn’t close.

In the finals his tune up was the same on Megan's dragster and was on it's way to another 5.0 run but motor blowed up right before stripe and ran 5.14 still a great weekend Megan RMR Team

I think Joey Severance has run 5.12, so don't see any reason to change the rules. Maybe if they get close to a "4"....

I think Joey Severance has run 5.12, so don't see any reason to change the rules. Maybe if they get close to a "4"....
Agreed, and like I posted, it's not like all the A/F cars are running that quick. If as an average all the nitro cars step up with a big advantage over blown alky, then you adjust. But you can't penalize a whole class for one standout car.

Track conditions were ideal, it's the US Nationals and it's Megyn's last year in competition - so as part of her 'swan song' it appears they threw the 'Mother Of All Tunes' into that car, let 'er rip and 5.09 was the result. I wouldn't look for a repeat anytime soon, unless Megyn herself does it at the Texas Motorplex - assuming it's not 100+ degrees, no small assumption for Dallas even in mid-October.

So no, don't look for NHRA to change the rules.

That is key! NHRA will not let TAD record the first four when the former (how ever you see it) kings of the sport are running only 1'000 ft. Brings up the new issue, why wasn't TF rolled back to just similar rules like this where less than a handful of times in a decade you get a record pass. I know it has been said before here...but I really don't see how a rolled back and policed 4.80/320 class racing 1/4, would be any less worse that the 1,000 ft now. 340 mph seems to be a real popular point that nhra does not want to see. This year none of that is a factor as this return has completely eliminating wasting a run where you would have 3 others.

good question . however, bill reichert's ntl record is so old , i would be surprised if there is a rule change ...
LET'S hope not .

That is key! NHRA will not let TAD record the first four when the former (how ever you see it) kings of the sport are running only 1'000 ft. Brings up the new issue, why wasn't TF rolled back to just similar rules like this where less than a handful of times in a decade you get a record pass. I know it has been said before here...but I really don't see how a rolled back and policed 4.80/320 class racing 1/4, would be any less worse that the 1,000 ft now. 340 mph seems to be a real popular point that nhra does not want to see. This year none of that is a factor as this return has completely eliminating wasting a run where you would have 3 others.

Patrick,

Just for discussion, Megan's car is 420 cubic inches without clutch management. Give Randy 500 cubic inches and clutch management and that's your 4.90 300 mph machine. Is that what you want Top Fuel to be? Then just take away the blowers.

I would rather have the performance we have now, than to take away 5000 horsepower just to get back 320 feet. And that's the move that would have to be made. I think many people believe that if we just knock them back a few hundred HP then we could race 1320, but that's not the case. I am still waiting for the first 300 mph at the eighth. And you need power for that.

Just my opinion.

Alan

Patrick,

Just for discussion, Megan's car is 420 cubic inches without clutch management. Give Randy 500 cubic inches and clutch management and that's your 4.90 300 mph machine. Is that what you want Top Fuel to be? Then just take away the blowers.

I would rather have the performance we have now, than to take away 5000 horsepower just to get back 320 feet. And that's the move that would have to be made. I think many people believe that if we just knock them back a few hundred HP then we could race 1320, but that's not the case. I am still waiting for the first 300 mph at the eighth. And you need power for that.

Just my opinion.

Alan
Hey Alan, on some of the stronger TF passes, are they usually under 3 sec to the eighth?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back