Leah! (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Q2 at Brainerd, Leah Pritchett runs quickest ET in history for T/F, 3.640 at 330.63. 1/8 miles times of 2.920 @ 298.87. Wow.... Ya know, I kinda thought the 1/8 mile ET would be like 2.90 or 2.91, but am wondering if the 2.920 is the quickest 1/8 mile ET ever. ? By the way, not trying to be a thread hog, am just amazed at the speeds & ET's by Hight & Leah. The altitude doesn't seem to be a factor anymore.

Brainerd's altitude has never been an issue for the nitro cars. 1984: Ed McCulloch ties the F/C e.t. record at 5.73. 1997: Joe Amato runs the quickest ever time in T/F, 4.56. Those are the first two I thought of. There might be more.

Did anybody else notice the left rear tire had a chunk out of the tread flapping around in the wind on the slo-mo replay?

Last edited:
Q2 at Brainerd, Leah Pritchett runs quickest ET in history for T/F, 3.640 at 330.63. 1/8 miles times of 2.920 @ 298.87. Wow.... Ya know, I kinda thought the 1/8 mile ET would be like 2.90 or 2.91, but am wondering if the 2.920 is the quickest 1/8 mile ET ever. ? By the way, not trying to be a thread hog, am just amazed at the speeds & ET's by Hight & Leah. The altitude doesn't seem to be a factor anymore.

It is the quickest, eclipsing her 2.928 at Sonoma earlier this year.

and the weekend just started. 2015 saw hagan's 3.87
and langdon's 3.66. last year hagan went 3.82 @ 333.
pretty sure elevation of bir is rite around 1300'

Last edited:
Makes me wonder what her run in Sonoma would have been when she ran a 3.66 even though her motor quit 100 feet from the 1000' mark!
Her speed was only 306.

She won Brainerd.....

Yes she did thanks to Todd Okahara's tuneup!

Todd's tuneup has always been stout with every driver in his car.
Don't get me wrong Leah is a great shoe but Antron had her in reaction and it was Todd's tuneup that won that race.
I'm more of the guy who likes the mechanical side as opposed to the driver getting all the accolades!
That's why when a person said Leah and her team found something, which she had nothing to do with, I pointed out the actual guy that found it!

Yes she did thanks to Todd Okahara's tuneup!

Todd's tuneup has always been stout with every driver in his car.
Don't get me wrong Leah is a great shoe but Antron had her in reaction and it was Todd's tuneup that won that race.
I'm more of the guy who likes the mechanical side as opposed to the driver getting all the accolades!
That's why when a person said Leah and her team found something, which she had nothing to do with, I pointed out the actual guy that found it!
If a crew chief wants to put those kind of numbers on the board then they need a pretty good driver. A driver doesn't make the car go any faster...but they can sure slow them down. Leah doesn't slow it down she gets the most out of every run. Plus, she bump fists every crew member on the team before she gets in the car...she knows that she is just one of the pieces in the puzzle. But, you are correct Todd is a great tuner and Leah is a great driver and they have a great crew on that team...and that makes them a championship caliber team for sure.

If a crew chief wants to put those kind of numbers on the board then they need a pretty good driver. A driver doesn't make the car go any faster...but they can sure slow them down. Leah doesn't slow it down she gets the most out of every run. Plus, she bump fists every crew member on the team before she gets in the car...she knows that she is just one of the pieces in the puzzle. But, you are correct Todd is a great tuner and Leah is a great driver and they have a great crew on that team...and that makes them a championship caliber team for sure.

Yes like every other driver that drives a fuel car!
So your point being?
Here I'll name a few: Tony Schumacher, Antron Brown, Doug Kalitta, Steve Torrence, Britney Force, Melanie Troxel, David Grubnic, JR Todd, Ron Capps ,John Force, Mike Neff, Robert Hight, Matt Hagan that's just a few.
I don't want to demean their abilities they will on occasion win you a race now and then and when?
When the crew chief makes the wrong call!
Do you think John Force would be a eighteen time champ if it wasn't for Austin Coil? Or Tony Schumacher without Alan Johnson?
Even a better example if Blaine Johnson didn't pass away who would have had the most Top Fuel championships?
Probably Blaine which would be most of Tony's all of Gary Scelzi's, Larry Dixon and Del Worsham.
And as I stated Leah is a talented driver just like all the others that came before her and the ones to come!
I stand by my statement the Crew Chief is the star and the drivers success depends on it!
I'm also not implying that Leah doesn't appreciate her chief and crew I'm stating a fact that a driver is only as successful as their Crew Chief!
All the top drivers in T/F and F/C could get the same run and times as Leah gets out of Todd's combination and tuneup!
So as I stated to me the Crew Chief is the STAR of any successful fuel team!
The drivers get all the glory that's just a fact in all motorsports except the road coarse forms where there are more variables!

Leah doesn't slow it down she gets the most out of every run. Plus, she bump fists every crew member on the team before she gets in the car...she knows that she is just one of pieces in the puzzle. Todd is a great tuner and Leah is a great driver and they have a great crew on that team...and that makes them a championship caliber team for sure.[/QUOTE] This is the new AJ/ Army combination. Driver is skilled enough to follow tuners instructions exactly. Great tuner/ Great driver!

Leah doesn't slow it down she gets the most out of every run. Plus, she bump fists every crew member on the team before she gets in the car...she knows that she is just one of pieces in the puzzle. Todd is a great tuner and Leah is a great driver and they have a great crew on that team...and that makes them a championship caliber team for sure.
This is the new AJ/ Army combination. Driver is skilled enough to follow tuners instructions exactly. Great tuner/ Great driver![/QUOTE]

No it's not!
The majority and other combinations of AJ/ Tony was when it was still 1320 not 1000.
The two Tony won with Green was at 1000.
It's the ebbs and flows of the season as long as they peak during the countdown is all that matters.
She follows the Chiefs instructions like all the others!
All the drivers get the most out of every run!
As I said if the Crew Chief nails the setup the driver is just along for the ride!
You put any of the top ten in that ride which includes Leah and you get those numbers!
Let's see how it plays out in the end.
Championships define your career.
I do think as long as Leah is with DSR has a great chance especially with DSR's brain trust of Crew Chiefs.

Yes like every other driver that drives a fuel car!
So your point being?
Here I'll name a few: Tony Schumacher, Antron Brown, Doug Kalitta, Steve Torrence, Britney Force, Melanie Troxel, David Grubnic, JR Todd, Ron Capps ,John Force, Mike Neff, Robert Hight, Matt Hagan that's just a few.
I don't want to demean their abilities they will on occasion win you a race now and then and when?
When the crew chief makes the wrong call!
Do you think John Force would be a eighteen time champ if it wasn't for Austin Coil? Or Tony Schumacher without Alan Johnson?
Even a better example if Blaine Johnson didn't pass away who would have had the most Top Fuel championships?
Probably Blaine which would be most of Tony's all of Gary Scelzi's, Larry Dixon and Del Worsham.
And as I stated Leah is a talented driver just like all the others that came before her and the ones to come!
I stand by my statement the Crew Chief is the star and the drivers success depends on it!
I'm also not implying that Leah doesn't appreciate her chief and crew I'm stating a fact that a driver is only as successful as their Crew Chief!
All the top drivers in T/F and F/C could get the same run and times as Leah gets out of Todd's combination and tuneup!
So as I stated to me the Crew Chief is the STAR of any successful fuel team!
The drivers get all the glory that's just a fact in all motorsports except the road coarse forms where there are more variables!
You made my point for me Bob. You named all good drivers...put an inexperienced driver in the car and see what kind of numbers come up. If a driver does the same routine over and over again especially on the burnout , backing up and staging the car then it helps the crew chief a lot to tune the car. The crew chief decides where the clutch is set at but the driver is the one that has to try and take care of the clutch and get the car staged with the same amount of heat temperature and wear in it every time they stage the car so the clutch settings can work. The point I'm trying to make is that the driver doesn't just sit in the car and hang on like so many fans think they do. Plus, a driver can make a crewmembers job a lot easier when the car comes back to the pit with all of the rods still in the block. That also is a balance between crew chief and driver a lot of the time...but not always. Have a nice day Bob, It's 3.00am time for me to head to Indy after a stop off in Sioux City for a couple of days.:)

You made my point for me Bob. You named all good drivers...put an inexperienced driver in the car and see what kind of numbers come up. If a driver does the same routine over and over again especially on the burnout , backing up and staging the car then it helps the crew chief a lot to tune the car. The crew chief decides where the clutch is set at but the driver is the one that has to try and take care of the clutch and get the car staged with the same amount of heat temperature and wear in it every time they stage the car so the clutch settings can work. The point I'm trying to make is that the driver doesn't just sit in the car and hang on like so many fans think they do. Plus, a driver can make a crewmembers job a lot easier when the car comes back to the pit with all of the rods still in the block. That also is a balance between crew chief and driver a lot of the time...but not always. Have a nice day Bob, It's 3.00am time for me to head to Indy after a stop off in Sioux City for a couple of days.:)

Drive safe buddy!

Have a great time! Indy is a nice facility!

What Bob says may have a bit of merit when you compare driver responsibilities in Top Fuel to that of the Alky funny, Pro Mod and Pro Stock drivers, but make no mistake, driver competence, even in the stab-and-steer Top Fuel cars, matters. You want some real-time proof of that? Look no further than the SealMaster car.

The driver's only job is to master his or her craft to the point that they all but remove themselves from factoring into the Crew Chief's tune up decisions. Leah has won in everything she's been in, including the cars in Pro Mod; a class that many people struggle just to get down the track. She's the real deal. Period.

Sean D

Put Troy C Jr in Leahs car and I bet you'll never see another full run from it let alone the world record lol. I agree that a crew cheif is the most important piece of the puzzle but the driver got to cut a light and keep it in the grove. Neither of which is anywhere near easy I'm sure.

Treed dammit ^^

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back