JUSTIN ASHLEY RUNNER-UP AT WINTERNATIONALS (1 Viewer)

Ashley logo.jpg

POMONA, CA (August 1, 2021) --- Second-year driver and 2020 NHRA Rookie of the Year Justin Ashley defeated three tough competitors Buddy Hull, Brittany Force and Antron Brown, on the way to his second career final round during the NHRA Winternationals. Unfortunately, extreme heat forced Ashley to climb out of his Smart Sanitizer Top Fuel dragster powered by Strutmasters.com before his final round race with Leah Pruett. With track temperatures soaring over 140 degrees and conditions at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona well over 90 degrees Ashley’s team felt it was prudent to not compete in the final round as Ashley was battling heat exhaustion bordering on heat stroke.​
“These race cars are too powerful to drive if you aren’t 100 percent,” said Ashley, from his hauler after the event. “I was drinking water throughout the day but before the final round I just didn’t feel right. I talked with my crew chief Mike Green and my father (Mike Ashley) and they encouraged me to do what was in my personal best interest. There will be more races and I take this as a learning experience. I congratulate Leah and look forward to racing her in a final very soon.”

Ashley 07.jpg

Justin Ashley, second round win over Brittany Force; Ron Lewis Photography
“I want to thank the entire racing community and especially my sponsors Smart Sanitizer, Strutmasters.com, Auto Shocker and KATO Fastening Systems for the outpouring of support I received today,” added Ashley. “I especially want to thank Tony Stewart and Leah Pruett for their concern and interest in my health. I have known NHRA as my racing family for a long time but today it really showed how special our sport is and I thank everyone that stopped by, texted or posted well wishes on social media. I will be ready to go for Topeka.”

Qualifying Results
Q1: 6.857 sec, 84.46 mph; Qual. 10
Q2: 3.917 sec, 308.43 mph; Qual. 3
Q3: 3.899 sec, 310.27 mph; Qual. 7
Bonus Points: +3 (quickest of Q2)

Race Results
First RoundDriver Qual R/T ET MPH

Justin Ashley 7 .039 3.907 314.02 (W)
Buddy Hull 8 .135 8.089 67.99

Second RoundDriver Qual R/T ET MPH
Justin Ashley 7 .055 3.912 311.49 (W)
Brittany Force 1 .090 4.013 308.99

Semifinal RoundDriver Qual R/T ET MPH
Justin Ashley 7 .052 3.944 314.02 (W)
Antron Brown 11 .060 4.024 269.40

Final RoundDriver Qual R/T ET MPH
Justin Ashley 7 No run
Leah Pruett 2 .130 4.021 247.61 (W)

Camping World Drag Racing Series Top Ten - Top Fuel
1. Steve Torrence, 1014
2. Antron Brown, 701
3. Brittany Force, 625
4. Leah Pruett, 579
5. Shawn Langdon, 514
6. Mike Salinas, 513
7. Justin Ashley, 466
8. Billy Torrence, 448
9. Doug Kalitta, 439
10. Clay Millican, 388

About Justin Ashley Racing:
Justin Ashley Racing in partnership with Davis Motorsports fields the Smart Sanitizer Top Fuel dragster powered by Strutmasters.com in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series. During his Top Fuel rookie season in 2020 Justin won the NHRA Summernationals, finished in the Top Ten and was recognized as the 2020 NHRA Rookie of the Year. Prior to his professional debut Ashley has three wins in Top Alcohol Dragster on the Lucas Oil Series. He is the son of multi-time NHRA national event winner Mike Ashley. In 2017, he was named to the Drag Illustrated magazine’s 30 under 30 list, highlighting some of racing’s most promising young individuals on and off the racetrack. When he’s not racing, Ashley serves as President of Ashley Developers, a real estate investment organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of distressed properties. To learn more about Justin Ashley Racing, visit JustinAshley.com.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back