300 Mph -kb - 301.70 (1 Viewer)

I saw the second 300 mph run if it counts for anything.:D I still get goose bumps watching Drag Racing 1992 watching the pass and listening to Dave and Steve call the pass.

we were there to witness history - best thing about it - we could see us on the espn broadcast as kenny was being filmed coming back on the return road! we still have the photos of the scoreboard and kb waving to the crowd on the fence -the photo is the best i can do for now

Last edited:
That was an amazing run. It's funny to think people talked this same way when 100 and 200 were each surpassed. Considering that now we're looking to 340, I guess we will always want "more" and nothing will ever be impossible. Not to steal away KB's accomplishment, but later (I think the same season) at Topeka, Dick LaHaie, JimO & JonO sent Scott Kalitta on a 308.57 blast.... and at the time, that was just unbelievable. I was at that race.

Not to steal away KB's accomplishment, but later (I think the same season) at Topeka, Dick LaHaie, JimO & JonO sent Scott Kalitta on a 308.57 blast.... and at the time, that was just unbelievable. I was at that race.

That was a little over a year and a half after the first 300mph run. The record going into the race was 303 by Pat Austin. I think the biggest gain on a record in recent memory in TF was Bernstein's 314 1994 which was 6mph faster then the record going into the race.

Scott Kalitta ran the 308 in the finals of the Topeka race in 93. KB ran 311 in the semi finals of the 94 world finals and then came back and ran 314 in the final round.

And that was all with Wes Cerney & Dale Armstrong, right? Those 2 were amazing. Right up there with Bernie & Coil in my opinion.

Cerny was over at Snake's in 94 because part of the final strike announcement was that he was bringing Wes Cerny in to tune for his last year. I think that was Armstrong was the sole crew chief that year, because if memory serves correct Ray Alley was still with Shelly Anderson.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back