17 Years Ago today ... KB goes 301.70 (1 Viewer)

If anyone ever wondered why my screen name was kb301 and kb30170, you now know where it came from. As a young Bernstein fan when this occurred, I can't tell you how happy I was when he broke the barrier. My dad was a Snake fan, so I had bragging rights in the house. I am happy to say I saw the second 300mph run at E-Town later in 1992, I believe it was 300.40, but I could be wrong.

I remember tracking speeds when I first started watching regularly. KB's 314.74 (or something like that) was tops in TF.. and it stood for the longest time. I remember being totally blown away. Nowadays they run that and theyre only going to 1000 on rev limiters. Cruz kept breaking the FC speed, i remember 308 was insane.. then 311! Again, common nowadays.

That sucks with the rules.. at some point no records are ever going to be beat again. It was exciting tracking those records.

That sucks with the rules.. at some point no records are ever going to be beat again. It was exciting tracking those records.

Thats pretty much how it is now with the 1000ft , as long as they are at 1000ft there will never be another 1320 1/4mile ET or speed record .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back