1.5 Mil First Place Daytona 500 (1 Viewer)

TOOLMAN

Nitro Member
Winner of 50th Daytona 500 gets 1.5 mil and is expected to be more by race day.
Anybody know payout for NHRA Winter Nationals:eek:

Those nascar guys need all the money they can get since they wreck at every race lol.

Well I'm pretty sure NHRA hasn't upped the ante so $40k+ contingencies TF/FC $20K+ contingencies Pro Stock and those have been the numbers since at least 2000. We all know the cost of living/racing hasn't remained stagnate during that time.

S/F
D
PS Tiger Woods won just short of $1,000,000 this weekend and you have to go down quite a few places before somebody's check is only $40K, I'm pretty sure their expense are a lot less than a drag racing team ESPN - PGA Tour Leaderboard, Golf Standings

Well I'm pretty sure NHRA hasn't upped the ante so $40k+ contingencies TF/FC $20K+ contingencies Pro Stock and those have been the numbers since at least 2000. We all know the cost of living/racing hasn't remained stagnate during that time.

S/F
D
PS Tiger Woods won just short of $1,000,000 this weekend and you have to go down quite a few places before somebody's check is only $40K, I'm pretty sure their expense are a lot less than a drag racing team ESPN - PGA Tour Leaderboard, Golf Standings

I love drag racing, but maybe I should have spent more time on the links than in my shop!

Here's a stat: Winner gets $1.4 from a record $18.6 mil purse. In 1990, the TOTAL purse available for 29 Cup races was $14.6 million.

I'll watch Daytona, and I'll watch the 2 Road Course (hoping for a good showing by Robby Gordon), otherwise WHO CARES!

I don't play golf like I used to. My friends as they've gotten older all want the game to get over as quick as possible. They ride in carts.

Winternats winner gets $40K.
Daytona 500 winner gets 37.5 times as much but has to race 500 times further to earn it.

Must be a moral there somewhere.

Winternats winner gets $40K.
Daytona 500 winner gets 37.5 times as much but has to race 500 times further to earn it.

Must be a moral there somewhere.

NASCAR driver get a mere $16.67 a second while in their car.
NHRA driver gets a whooping $1650.00 a second while in their car.
:eek::confused::cool::eek:

S/F
D

D, they have NOT upped the Anti! Not sure about contingencies, but the Purse hasn't budged!

The lowest man on the rim in NASCAR Cup still gets paid close to 500k a year to drive... several have multi millions as a paycheck alone.. not just the percentage the earn at an event... plus the millions in t-shirt, hats etc....so we might need to factor that in to the "paid per second" moneys...lol....

wasn't to many years ago an bottom end open wheel driver made more than the top NASCAR driver a year..... my how times have changed......

Billy

So you win the Winternats in T/F, collect $40,000. You drove a total of one mile, so you get $40K per mile.

You win Daytona, $1.5 million, 500 miles, = $3000 per mile.....and you get dizzy!!:D

I wouldn't expect NHRA purses to be on par with Nascar, but our pros definitely deserve much bigger purses than they are currently getting.

The lowest man on the rim in NASCAR Cup still gets paid close to 500k a year to drive... several have multi millions as a paycheck alone.. not just the percentage the earn at an event... plus the millions in t-shirt, hats etc....so we might need to factor that in to the "paid per second" moneys...lol....

wasn't to many years ago an bottom end open wheel driver made more than the top NASCAR driver a year..... my how times have changed......

Billy

The France family knew they had something special they found the right people and turned them loose and they haven't stopped yet. Billy, you live in the heart of Nascar, I bet you are reminded every day where your at. You go to Glendora all your going to fine NHRA head quarters.

It's all about marketing and NHRA just hasn't caught on. If they ever catch on the benefits will be enormous.

Talk about marketing, I'm watching the PGA tournament from Phoenix and they announced that they have 153 corporate "suites" that they put up around the 16th green, a short par 3. The announcers mentioned that the word was that the PGA would net approximately $6 million in profits from just those suites for the golf tournament.

What am I missing here? I don't see any reason why the NHRA couldn't do something similar, take that money and pass it along to the participants who make it all possible.

I guess the problem is that the sponsors who have their names on the cars would want to fill those suites at the racetracks and entertain their customers, but there should be a compromise solution somewhere out there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back