Team Press Releases

[coverattach=1]Washington, Mo. (May 29, 2010) - His nickname may be Tom Slick but Thomas Myers is starting to get a firm grasp on the Andy McCoy Race Cars’ Duster he has been hired to drive. Myers and McCoy have teamed up with McCoy supplying the chassis and Myers the engine and drivetrain. The veteran driver has less than 10 runs down the track in the nitrous-injected car and has already made a 4.05-second pass. He believes he can go a lot quicker after he gets some motor problems straightened out. “Like every new car, you just have to find out what it wants,” Myers says. “It’s responding to every touch we make on it. Andy’s got the chassis working really good.” Myers ran a 4.08 in the pro nitrous category two weeks ago at a...
[coverattach=1]New format makes its debut at Rocky Mountain Raceways June 18-19 SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (June 4, 2010) – It was a year ago in June that the Nitro Jam series traveled to Salt Lake City with something fresh, new and completely original in mind for the debut event at Rocky Mountain Raceways. Featuring dozens of nitro-powered race machines competing in a Chicago-style competition in addition to some of Utah’s best sportsman racers the new format, or “show” as it was being billed, produced two nights of near-record crowds and left a lasting impression with the Utah fans. More importantly, last year’s stand-alone event showcased a brand new format and classes that set the stage for the new age of Nitro Jam professional...
[coverattach=1]JOLIET, Ill. (June 5, 2010) - Riding the Valvoline Motorcycle Oils Suzuki, Craig Treble held on to pole position in the Pro Stock Motorcycle class following two more qualifying rounds for the 13th annual Route 66 NHRA Nationals. After posting his initial pole-setting run on Friday evening of 6.960 seconds at 190.27 mph, Treble improved in today's second run with a 6.932/188.96 pass as he ran side-by-side against points leader Hector Arana. Arana came close to snatching No. 1 from Treble with a 6.948/192.30, but had to settle for second place. Treble was also paired against Arana in the final session, where he pulled out a slower 6.983/187.23 pass, but Arana's 6.950/191.00 was not enough to overtake Treble as low...
[coverattach=1]Joliet, Prerace: This weekend as Shane Gray rolls his Tire Kingdom Pro Stock up to the starting line at the 13th annual Union Plumbers, Fitters, Welders and HVAC Techs Route 66 Nationals he will be taking to the asphalt quarter-mile at the famed Route 66 Raceway for the first time in his racing career. Trying something for the first time can be intimidating, but the rookie knows he has the best car and team possible, which makes the experience exciting. “I’ve never raced at Route 66 and I know it has the reputation of being a fast track,” stated Gray. “I know records have been set here in the past. I’m really looking forward to taking the Tire Kingdom car out there and trying my hand at the track. Jim and Jon...
[coverattach=1]Joliet, Prerace: Johnny Gray and his National Tire and Battery, NTB Pro Stock are hot. Within the past few races, the performance of the NTB Pontiac has stepped up and Gray’s driving has shined. With the hot summer months upon us, Gray is looking to take his hot NTB Pro Stock to great results through the upcoming busy time. June will be a hectic month on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing tour, filled with a lot of racing and travelling. The four-race swing starts with this weekend’s 13th annual Union Plumbers, Fitters, Welders and HVAC Techs Route 66 Nationals at Route 66 Raceway. Next weekend it travels to Englishtown, N.J. for the Supernationals, it then heads to Bristol, Tenn. for the Thunder Valley Nationals...
[coverattach=1]Steve Kent and Rodger Brogdon the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle season has been a roller coaster season that they would like to see stabilize a little as they roll into the busiest part of the season. “We have had a car all season that has been capable of winning, but as a team we have stumbled too often at the wrong time,” said Rodger Brogdon, driver of the Kent Services / Attitude Apparel Pro Stock Pontiac. “We were the #2 qualifier at St. Louis and looked to finally be able to put some round wins under our belt, and then crashed in the opening round. We enlisted the help of what seemed like half of the Pro Stock world to get fixed and able to race at Atlanta, and stubbed our toe again when we didn’t qualify.” “After the...
[coverattach=1] CAYUGA, ONTARIO (June 3, 2010) - The Pro Modified Racing Association and the Quick 32 Sportsman Series is pleased to have Competition Tire Canada return as one of the contingency award sponsors for the 2010 racing season. As one of Canada's top auto racing tire suppliers, Competition Tire, based in Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, has not only supplied tires for drag racing, oval track, and road circuit competition, it has also provided on-track support for many years, and tire experts are always on hand at race events to help its Goodyear Tire customers. Competition Tire was started by the late Doug Fairchild, who worked with Goodyear in the 1960s and then stepped up to the international auto racing stage as...
[coverattach=1]BROWNSBURG, Ind. (June 3, 2010) - Craig Treble is eager to get back on the Valvoline Motorcycle Oils Suzuki Pro Stock Motorcycle for this weekend's 13th annual Route 66 NHRA Nationals and win it for the "home team." Team owner Don Schumacher lives in the Chicago area and a large crowd of DSR supporters and friends will be watching. "We want to do well at this race," said Treble, who is sixth in the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series point standings. "It's the home race for Don Schumacher, and it's kind of a home race for me as I grew up in the Northwest Indiana area, in Valparaiso. "It's going to be a good weekend, I can feel it. Steve (Tartaglia, crew chief) has been on the dyno for the first time all...
[coverattach=1]Las Vegas, Nev. – Former NHRA Funny Car world champion Raymond Beattle was fond of saying, “I’d rather be lucky than good” in reference to his sometimes uncanny way to walk away a race championship, even when the odds were against him. Second generation Blown Alcohol Funny Car driver Will Martin’s recent victory at the NHRA Heritage Series Rockabilly Reunion contested on “The Strip” at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in North Las Vegas, Nev. was a prime example of this iconic quote. Martin began his late spring-time Vegas experience by qualified number one in the very competitive 7.0 Pro category after only one qualifying attempt. His 7.02 second run was only 0.02 seconds away from the 7.00 second index. Earlier in the...
Back