Thomas Myers starting to get a handle on Andy McCoy’s New Duster (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Washington, Mo. (May 29, 2010) - His nickname may be Tom Slick but Thomas Myers is starting to get a firm grasp on the Andy McCoy Race Cars’ Duster he has been hired to drive. Myers and McCoy have teamed up with McCoy supplying the chassis and Myers the engine and drivetrain.

The veteran driver has less than 10 runs down the track in the nitrous-injected car and has already made a 4.05-second pass. He believes he can go a lot quicker after he gets some motor problems straightened out.

“Like every new car, you just have to find out what it wants,” Myers says. “It’s responding to every touch we make on it. Andy’s got the chassis working really good.”

Myers ran a 4.08 in the pro nitrous category two weeks ago at a National Guard ADRL race in Virginia, but it wasn’t quick enough to make the field. He will try again at the Ford Drive One Summer Drags VI in Martin, Michigan June 11-12.

He ran a 4.05 in his home state at a Texas Outlaw Pro Mod race May 28, and made it to the second round. It was at that race Myers realized a problem with his nitrous system is preventing him from going faster.

“We’ve got good power, but we want more,” Myers says. “The nitrous is down on power for some reason - something’s not flowing right. I’m saving my money up for some new parts because Andy’s got too good a car for me to drive for me not to have the right stuff on it.”

It didn’t take long for Myers to realize the car McCoy built with his patented 1970 Plymouth Duster body was a winner. It’s the same chassis design McCoy has built in the past that other drivers are using successfully. “As far as driving the car, it’s like a Cadillac. It goes straight as a string. It’s very comfortable and everything is accessible.”

“Thomas is a good driver and I know he’ll get the engine situation straightened out,” says McCoy. “I’m happy he’s behind the wheel of my race car. As soon as he gets those problems behind him he will be able to tap into the car’s true potential.”

About AMRC: Based near St. Louis in Washington, Mo., Andy McCoy Race Cars specializes in the fabrication of high-performance Pro Mod and Top Sportsman drag racing components from chassis to competition-ready vehicles and features a complete carbon and fiberglass composite shop.

Attachments

• myers.jpg
    myers.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 48
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back