Gray ready for the challenges ahead (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Joliet, Prerace: This weekend as Shane Gray rolls his Tire Kingdom Pro Stock up to the starting line at the 13th annual Union Plumbers, Fitters, Welders and HVAC Techs Route 66 Nationals he will be taking to the asphalt quarter-mile at the famed Route 66 Raceway for the first time in his racing career. Trying something for the first time can be intimidating, but the rookie knows he has the best car and team possible, which makes the experience exciting.

“I’ve never raced at Route 66 and I know it has the reputation of being a fast track,” stated Gray. “I know records have been set here in the past. I’m really looking forward to taking the Tire Kingdom car out there and trying my hand at the track. Jim and Jon Yates and the crew have the car running well and I know it can handle a great track. It should be great fun.”

This weekend’s race is just the beginning of a month full of firsts for the young driver. It’s the first race in a series of four back-to-back events. Next weekend they travel to Englishtown, N.J. for the Supernationals, then to Bristol, Tenn. for the Thunder Valley Nationals and finish the month at the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio. Gray has never raced at any of the race tracks in the four pack and he has never raced four weeks in a row. But Gray is undaunted by the task and is ready for the challenges that lie ahead of him.

“Racing four in a row is a new experience for me,” explained Gray. “When I raced Comp Eliminator we did have that many. I know that it will take a lot of hard work and dedication from my team, my family and me. But I know we are all pumped for it. And we’re going to four great tracks. Route 66 is known to be fast. Englishtown has been around a long time and is full of history. Bristol is a first-class facility set between the mountains and they don’t call it Thunder Valley for nothing. Then we finish in Norwalk, which is a great place and is always packed full with great fans.

“School is done for the summer, so Amber and the boys are going to join me. We’re going to drive together, and even though there’s not a lot of time, it’s going to be a nice family outing. I’m so lucky, great racing and great family time; it doesn’t get any better than this.”

Attachments

• gray s..jpg
    gray s..jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back