Gray runs his quickest of the weekend (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Joliet, Sunday: Despite all the rain delays, Johnny Gray and his NTB, National Tire and Battery Pro Stock had a good weekend at the United Association Route 66 Nationals at Route 66 Raceway. Gray enjoyed a great No. 8 qualifying position and felt good about a great race day. He saved his best pass for last but it didn’t turn out the way wanted.

As Gray took on his first-round opponent, Greg Anderson, he knew he needed to take his best shot. The two qualified eighth and ninth with the exact same E.T. Gray got the higher spot by having the faster mph but Gray knew Anderson would be right beside him. Gray’s 6.634 was his quickest of the weekend and better than Anderson’s 6.642 but he gave the run away with his red light start.

“I felt real good today,” said Gray. “I felt that I shouldn’t have any trouble cutting good lights all day. I felt good but I guess I felt better than I thought I did. I saw the light real good, let the clutch out and I guess me and the car reacted a little better than I thought we would. We went .018 red and its history from there. The NTB car ran well and we should have made a couple of rounds but if you don’t flirt with the edge, you’re going to be late all of the time. It happens sometimes and all you can do is lick you wounds and move on.”

“We’re going to stay tomorrow and test and maybe I’ll do better then.”

Attachments

• gray j..jpg
    gray j..jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back