Gray will start from the No. 8 spot (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Joliet, Saturday: Rain was the master at Route 66 Raceway and it is surprising that any qualifying was run but the teams got in three rounds at the 13th annual Union Plumbers, Fitters, Welders and HVAC Techs Route 66 Nationals. Johnny Gray took advantage of his opportunities and put his NTB, National Tire and Battery Pro Stock in the No. 8 spot.

In his three runs, Gray went through three engines but he still made great runs. Friday’s only session was run late at night between the raindrops. Gray posted an impressive 6.707 at 206.04 mph. Saturday also saw rain, but the afternoon was sunny and on his two runs, Gray ran 6.664 at 206.99 mph and followed it with a 6.695 at 205.98 mph.

“We didn’t hurt anything too bad,” explained Gray. “We nicked a couple of motors but we didn’t blow anything up. We kind of played musical motors in the NTB car this weekend. We made three runs and had three motors in the car. So, for tomorrow we’re basically taking two of our best motors and making one great motor out of them. I think we’ll be fine. We’ll go wind her up, let her loose and see what happens.”

In round one of eliminations tomorrow, Gray will go up against the No. 9 qualifier, Greg Anderson. And by qualifying in the top half of the field, Gray will have lane choice.

“I feel good about tomorrow,” said Gray. “I think Greg better come loaded for bear because we will be.”

Attachments

• gray j..jpg
    gray j..jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 6
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back