Team Press Releases

(4-28-11) LAS VEGAS, NV - After starting with an actual 1974 El Camino production car and modifying it into a low 6-second, 230 MPH Pro Street machine over the course of two decades, Randy Walker was long overdue for a new ride. He’s taken care of that situation in a big way with a radical new ’74 El Camino from Matheis Race Cars. After a round-the-clock thrash to finish the car and transport it from the St. Louis, MO area to Las Vegas, Walker and the Walker Racing Group will debut the car at this weekend’s Super Chevy / PSCA Pro Street combo event at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. “We’re on the road to Las Vegas now, and will arrive sometime Friday,” said Randy Walker. “We drove from Palm Springs, CA to St. Louis and...
Stubbs 59 Powersports joins Team Underdahl as race sponsor HOUSTON, Texas (April 28, 2011) - Momentum can be a good thing, and for Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Jim Underdahl, right now it's all good. Coming out of the Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla. almost two months ago, Underdahl is in a four-way tie for 9th place in the points-race and is anxious to keep improving his performance and moving up the ladder. Topping off his positive outlook, he is announcing a new sponsor for this weekend's 24th annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas. Metro-Houston motorcycle retailer Stubbs 59 Powersports joined Team Underdahl as a one-race sponsor, coming alongside Underdahl's longtime backer...
Brandon and Larry Satchell team up for new motorcycle and snowmobile racing series with Kawasaki ZX7 bike ST. THOMAS, ONTARIO (April 28, 2011) – With a father who has been immersed in local drag racing circles for several decades, it was only natural for Brandon Satchell to want to race. Starting as an official at St. Thomas Dragway, Brandon’s father Larry Satchell was at the track every weekend, and Brandon would usually tag along, starting at an early age of four. Now he is in his sixth year of drag racing, and will compete in the Pro Bike & Sled Series presented by Wiseco Performance Products with his 2005 Kawasaki ZX7. “Brandon has always gone to the races with me,” noted Larry. “The family always came with me. He...
BAYTOWN, Texas – Off to a great start this season, Pro Stock driver Greg Stanfield continues his quest for first place in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Spring Nationals, Friday through Sunday, at Royal Purple Raceway. Stanfield is third after four of 16 regular season races. He trails pacesetting Greg Anderson by 19 points (336-317) and is 16 behind second-place Jason Line (333) in the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Stanfield, from Bossier City, La., was runner-up to Anderson by a miniscule five-thousandths of a second two weeks ago in Charlotte, N.C., and he followed Line across the finish line in the title round of the season-opening Winternationals. “The guys are on a good streak, and I hope they can continue it this...
CHARLOTTE, NC (April 27, 2011) – Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Pro Modified Chevrolet Camaro head to Houston, Texas this weekend. Ready to run the third race of the 10 race schedule in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge series. The veteran racer has been fighting some serious back issues over the last few weeks, and at one point Smith was not sure if he was going to even be able to race. After seeing numerous doctors and improving his back a bit, Smith is fighting his pain and is headed to Texas. “I’m down a bit, but I’m not out of commission yet,” says Rickie Smith. “I haven’t missed a race in the 35 years that I have been racing, and even though I came close to missing...
CHARLOTTE, NC (April 27, 2011) – Matt Smith and his Al-Anabi Racing Buell are looking to redeem themselves this weekend at Houston Raceway Park. Smith has run well at the Houston based track over the years, winning in 2008, and advancing to the semi-finals the last two years. He is hoping to continue that trend this year. “We have ran well there,” says Matt Smith. “Houston has been pretty good to us over the years. Hopefully with the work we have put in on the dyno over the last few weeks will pay off and we can win one again.” Smith’s season hasn’t gone according to plan at this point in the year. However, with only one race in the books for the 2011 NHRA Full Throttle series, Smith is ready to get the ball rolling in Texas...
CHARLOTTE, NC (April 27, 2011) – Angie Smith heads into the 24th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals in Houston, Texas this week top-10 in points, and hopes to keep it that way. Smith who is only in her second full year of racing in the NHRA Full Throttle Pro Stock Motorcycle class hopes to take her Coffman Tank Trucks Buell to the next level this year, starting this weekend in Texas. “I am so excited to get back to the track to race,” said Angie Smith. “I feel like the Pro Stock Motorcycle’s have had forever off. We are pumped to be down in Houston near our sponsor’s headquarters, Coffman Tank Trucks. We hope to put on a good show for them this weekend.” Smith and her husband, Matt Smith not only faced each other...
Mooresville, N.C., April 26, 2011 – Summit Racing Pro Stock driver Jason Line got his 2011 campaign off to a tremendous start, winning the first two races of the season in Pomona and Gainesville. Although he has cooled off slightly in the last two events, he still arrives at this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals in Houston, Texas second in the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series championship standings, a scant three points behind his teammate Greg Anderson, who won the last event in Charlotte. With the KB Racing team firing on all cylinders, Line likes his chances of returning to the winner’s circle at the former Houston Raceway Park. “I’m ready to get back on a winning streak, and Houston is a great place to get...
Pro Racing Fuels returns with contingency and special awards to PMRA and Quick 32 Sportsman Series Awards presented in both drag race series for upcoming 2011 season MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO (April 26, 2011) -- Pro Racing Fuels will return to both the Pro Modified Racing Association and the Quick 32 Sportsman Series as a sponsor for the two drag racing series. “This is good news for our racers in both the PMRA and Quick 32 Sportsman Series,” noted Bruce Mehlenbacher, Director of Operations for both series. “Pro Racing Fuels is committed to providing the best in racing fuels, and we are pleased to have their involvement for 2011.” Headed by Mitch Markusich, Pro Racing Fuels has developed quality and sustainable racing fuel...
Back