Rickie Smith fighting to race (1 Viewer)

CHARLOTTE, NC (April 27, 2011) – Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Pro Modified Chevrolet Camaro head to Houston, Texas this weekend. Ready to run the third race of the 10 race schedule in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge series.

The veteran racer has been fighting some serious back issues over the last few weeks, and at one point Smith was not sure if he was going to even be able to race. After seeing numerous doctors and improving his back a bit, Smith is fighting his pain and is headed to Texas.

“I’m down a bit, but I’m not out of commission yet,” says Rickie Smith. “I haven’t missed a race in the 35 years that I have been racing, and even though I came close to missing this one, we are going to try and fight this thing and run in Houston.”

In the season opener in Gainesville earlier this year, Smith advanced to the semi-finals and last time out in Las Vegas, Smith advanced to the finals. Sitting second in points, Smith knows his shot at another Championship is now.

Having won seven Championships, and numerous races over the years, Smith knows what hard work and determination will do. And he couldn’t have done it this year without the help of some long time friends.

“I really have got to thank Larry Tutterow with Carolina Drilling and J.D. and Terrisa Coffman with Coffman Tank Trucks. V. Gaines, Ron Krisher and Allen Johnson have been helping me on a personal level as well this year. They have all truly made it possible for me to race this year, and I can’t thank them all enough.”

Smith sits second (only 56 points out of first) in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge Championship point standings. The Pro Mod field will have their first qualifying session on Friday at 1 p.m.

Attachments

• 2011dad2.jpg
    2011dad2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back