Rickie Smith's Englishtown Pre-race (1 Viewer)

BACK SURGERY CAN’T KEEP SMITH DOWN

KING, NC (June 2, 2011) – After having back surgery two weeks ago, Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Chevrolet Camaro are headed back to the racetrack.

The multi-time Champion has had severe back pain for the last few months, and after toughing it out for a while, the veteran racer decided it was time to go under the knife.

Smith is not exactly back to 100%, but even though he has been down and out the last few weeks, you’d better bet he will be up to par on the racetrack this weekend.

“I am definitely not in as much pain as I was,” said Smith. “I still got a ways to go, but there was no way I was missing this race. We fell a bit in the point standings a few races ago, and I want to get those points back.”

Smith has been a contender all year, and even though he sits fourth in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge Championship point standings right now, don’t expect him to be there too long. The trickster is only two rounds out of the second place spot.

Smith is a dominant force on and off the racetrack, and with his vast knowledge of the Old Bridge Township Raceway Park; he is one to watch out for this weekend.

The Pro Mod field will have their first qualifying session in Englishtown, New Jersey on Friday at 3:15 p.m.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back