Smith wants to capitalize in Vegas (1 Viewer)

CHARLOTTE, NC (March 30, 2011) – Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Pro Modified Chevrolet Camaro went into the first race on the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge in Gainesville, Florida a few weeks ago, and ran well. Smith made it to the semi-finals before he barely lost. He hopes to better his efforts just a tad and run the tables this weekend in Las Vegas.

“I am excited for Vegas,” said Smith. “We proved in Gainesville that we can hang with these boys, and I am hoping to show our worth again this weekend. We have an awesome car and I am ready to put this Chevy in the Winner’s Circle.”

The veteran driver is bringing his Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Chevy to the Strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway sitting third in the point standings.

“I really have got to thank Larry Tutterow with Carolina Drilling and J.D. and Terrisa Coffman with Coffman Tank Trucks, cause I wouldn’t be at this race with out them,” said Smith. “It’s hard right now to find a sponsor, even when you are running well. Hopefully we can lock something down and race the rest of the season.”

Smith stands third in the points (only 34 points out of first) in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge. The Pro Mod field will have their first qualifying session on Friday at 2 p.m.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back