No pain, no gain for Rickie Smith (1 Viewer)

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 11, 2011) – Coming off his first DNQ in a long time at Houston, Texas just a few weeks ago. Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Pro Modified Chevrolet Camaro head to Commerce, Georgia this weekend and are looking for redemption.

Running in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge Series this year Smith stood second in points heading into the third race of the season. However after an extremely unlucky weekend, Smith would not make the show and lose ground on the point’s leader.

With not only that wearing on the veteran’s mind, but still having to fight some serious back issues, Smith heads to the Atlanta Dragway in pain, in more ways than one.

“I’m not letting up, “ said Smith. “We had some real bad luck at Houston; first the electrical stuff, then the bad lane. We just have to put that behind us, and move forward. I am still having a lot of pain from my back, but I am trying to work through it for now. Hopefully we can have a good showing in Atlanta this weekend and some of that pain may go away.”

Smith is determined to get back those points he lost at Houston. He sits fifth in the points with just 7 races left. And if anybody can do it, he can.

The Pro Mod field will have their first qualifying session on Friday at 3:15 p.m.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back