Team Press Releases

Atlanta, Ga. (Apr. 22, 2011) – Jim Downing, known for both his driving championships and his role in the development of the HANS Device, will be honored as the Grand Marshall of the Speedfast at the Classic Motorsports Mitty being held at Road Atlanta April 28-May 1. The Mitty is the biggest and most prestigious vintage race weekend on the East Coast. “When I first heard about being the Grand Marshall, I was a little taken aback,” said the 69-year-old Downing. “I always thought Grand Marshalls were older guys. Then I looked it up and found out I was one.” Time has not slowed the pursuit of championships by Downing, who will be competing for an SCCA National Championship in the fall, or his push for motor racing safety...
Washington, Mo. - While it was a cold winter in most parts of the country, outside of St. Louis in the town of Washington, Mo. it was warmer than usual because of heat emanating from the shop of Andy McCoy Race Cars. That’s where the renowned race car builder was working on a smokin’ hot Plymouth Duster that through two races of the 2011 season is leading the ADRL Pro Extreme standings. At the season-opening race in Baytown, Texas, Jason Hamstra piloted McCoy’s 1970-Duster bodied car to victory at the CarSafe Dragpalooza VII presented by LenMar Motorsports. He blistered the Royal Purple Raceway track with back-to-back runs in the 3.60s in the semifinals and finals at better than 209 mph en route to the victory. Hamstra followed...
04-21-2011 Newark, DE - Positive Promotions of Delaware in Association with the Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod Association (NEOPMA) have been in development for the last eight months, and are now into production for a new reality TV show 1320 Warriors, "Two Lanes of Thunder". Jimmy Biggs is Executive Producer of the reality TV show featuring Pro Mods Teams of the Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod Association. More information and details will follow in the coming weeks and months.
NORWALK, Ohio (April 22, 2011) – He has broken world records, won dozens of races and now he’s proven himself among the elite in nostalgia Funny Car competition. No, these days there isn’t much left for Peter Gallen to prove in the world of drag racing. Coming off of his first trip into the wild west, the land of self-proclaimed nostalgia Funny Car royalty, Gallen returns with several new records, a pair of shiny Ironman trophies and the respect of just about everyone in the world of nostalgia racing. And he isn’t quite done just yet. “I am just thrilled with the way the car has been running. It just keeps continually repeating performance wise,” Gallen said. “Our secret weapon has been John Benigini. He is our car chief and...
PINE RIVER, ONTARIO (April 20, 2011) – After running a season with a new engine in their 2004 Chevy Cavalier Top Sportsman entry, Grubb Racing is only making some minor changes for the upcoming Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts of drag racing. “We feel pretty good about the upcoming year,” said team driver Darrin Grubb. “We’re not doing too much new on the car, just a little freshening.” The team placed seventh in the Quick 32 Sportsman Series Championship Point Award Series in 2010, highlighted with a Top Sportsman division win and a Series event win at Cayuga during the Canadian Nitro Nationals. The team always qualified for the field during the season, and also made some first, second, and semi round...
Pleasanton, CA – The Goodguys Racing team subscribes whole heartedly to the old adage “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” After a tumultuous 9-month rebuilding process following a freak accident last September, the team’s Pro Mod ’69 Camaro “Pure Hell 2” driven by Marc Meadors made its 2011 debut last weekend at the PSCA-K & N Filters “Racin’ 4 Jason” Nationals at the Strip @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The team’s new look and new engine combination paid immediate dividends! After sitting out the first two Pro Street qualifying sessions with a transmission gremlin, Pure Hell2 made its one and only qualifying run count in the “last chance” session, clicking off an effortless 6.09 @ 237mph to land in the #2 spot on the...
TORONTO, ONTARIO (April 19, 2011) – Although he started drag racing with cars, John Orfanidis has been climbing on top of a motorcycle to race for many years, and will be competing in the new Pro Bike & Sled Series presented by Wiseco Performance Products for 2011. “I started racing in the late 1970s with a big-block Chevelle,” said Orfanidis. “But after I took a break from racing, I thought I’d try a little bit of excitement with a bike.” And for the past 20 years he has continued to race on two wheels. For 2011, Orfanidis will compete with a 2001 Suzuki GSXR on a Tracs full-race racing chassis. A 1500-cc Vance and Hines four-carburetor engine will power the bike, which pumps outs about 340 horsepower. The six-speed...
With the official tow vehicle for the weekend the "Kustom Koffin Racing Hurst", Mike Henry buried the competition in 7.0 Pro Slammers. The D&M Racing Team headed to Funny Car Fever at Sacramento Raceway with two goals in mind, win the race and take the points lead. After a runner-up finish at the first event in Bakersfield the team knew they had a chance to make a big move in the points chase. After qualifying 2nd and running a best E.T of 7.17 the team got thrown a curve ball when the track suddenly went away and they began experiencing tire shake. " We tried to step it up because we know we have the horsepower to run in the 6s but the track just wasn't there. We made some four link changes and backed off the power and it finally...
Mopar Challenger Drag Pak drivers motored to three class wins in the Stock Eliminator ranks at the NHRA 4-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, N.C. on Friday, April 15. Class champions included Dave Thomas of Westchester, Pa., who steered his 2011 Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pak to the AA/SA (Stock Automatic) class victory, and Keith Lynch (B/SA class) of Greenville, Ohio, who also qualified No. 1 overall in Stock Eliminator and advanced to the semifinals. Thomas, who recently set the elapsed time (ET) and mph records in the AA/SA class with a 9.43/143.90 pass in his Mopar V-10 Drag Pak at the NHRA Division 1 National Open event at Atco (N.J.) Raceway, brought home a Wally trophy in North Carolina with his defeat of Ken...
Back