Team Press Releases

LE Tonglet geared up for rebound at Southern Nationals; GT Tonglet happy to be racing

COMMERCE, Ga. – Ask any Full Throttle Drag Racing Series driver about the sport’s capricious nature and the response is likely to be: There are too many things that can go wrong.

Ten cent parts malfunction as well as those worth hundreds and thousands of dollars, and they sometimes combine to produce crowd-gasping explosions. Few, however, are as recognizable as a red-light start. It is a driver’s Achilles heel . . . the race is over before it really began.

Nine days after seeing...

Roy Hill & Grant Lewis Looking for One-Two Punch in Atlanta

(5-12-2011) COMMERCE, GA – For the second race in a row, Roy Hill is prepared to deliver a one-two punch to the competition in Super Stock, as he and veteran sportsman driver Grant Lewis will team up in a pair of Phoenix Racing 2010 Ford Mustang Cobra Jets at the 31st annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals.

The team had a solid outing at the 24th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals held two weeks ago in Baytown, TX. Hired gun Dewayne Custer qualified number...

Attachments

• roy_hill_atlanta_preview_large.jpg
    roy_hill_atlanta_preview_large.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10

Rodger Brogdon: Atlanta, third times the charm?

When Rodger Brogdon and Steve Kent rolled into the Summit Racing Southern Nationals in 2009 it marked the first race for the team with Cagnazzi Racing power under the hood. It also marked the first round win of the season when Brogdon defeated Ron Krisher on a hole-shot in round one, and began a string of qualifying that went unbroken until the same event in 2010.

The 2010 edition of the Southern Nationals came less than 2 weeks after Rodger’s 1st round, hi-lite reel tumble in St. Louis...

Attachments

• GVQ3 009.jpg
    GVQ3 009.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 7

Angie Smith ready to step it up

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 11, 2011) – Angie Smith and her Coffman Tank Trucks Buell head to the Atlanta Dragway this weekend wanting to pop back into the top-10 in points.

Smith, who sits just 19 points out of the NHRA Full Throttle Pro Stock Motorcycle top-10, wants to prove her worth in Atlanta.

“I am so ready for this weekend,” said Angie Smith. “We have been working real hard to make sure we are ready to come out of the box strong in Atlanta, so hopefully it pays off. This is an extremely...

Matt Smith wants it all in Atlanta

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 11, 2011) – Matt Smith and his Al-Anabi Racing Buell have not had the season they wanted up to this point. Every time Smith looks to turn a corner, something jumps out and bites him.

A few weeks ago in Houston, Smith overcame the gremlins in qualifying, but on race day he went red. Knowing he needs a great race weekend, Smith is more motivated than ever for Atlanta.

“We have our work cut out for us,” said Smith. “Our season has had a lot of downs so far, and we hope...

No pain, no gain for Rickie Smith

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 11, 2011) – Coming off his first DNQ in a long time at Houston, Texas just a few weeks ago. Rickie Smith and his Nitrous Injected Carolina Drilling/Coffman Tank Trucks Pro Modified Chevrolet Camaro head to Commerce, Georgia this weekend and are looking for redemption.

Running in the NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge Series this year Smith stood second in points heading into the third race of the season. However after an extremely unlucky weekend, Smith would...

Tony Pedregon looks for improvements at Southern Nationals

COMMERCE, Ga. – Tony Pedregon has special feelings for Atlanta Dragway because it was the site of his first NHRA Funny Car victory in 1996.

He has taken home the winner’s trophy here two more times since and now he wants to add another trophy and more good times during the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals at the track, Friday through Sunday.

“Atlanta holds good memories of winning those races,” said Pedregon, who will be driving the Nitro Fish Chevrolet Funny Car. “I beat...

Attachments

• TpedNfish.jpg
    TpedNfish.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 4

Greg Stanfield keeping pace with Pro Stock point leader

COMMERCE, Ga. – Already acknowledged as one of the best Pro Stock drivers in NHRA’s Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Greg Stanfield now appears to be at the controls of a car that is capable of keeping him in championship contention throughout the remainder of the season.

“This is the best start I’ve ever had in Pro Stock,” said the driver of the Nitro Fish/Coffman Tank Trucks GXP. “We started right and we want to end up right. We have a good team . . . the same as last year, and we...

Torrence looks for good time, good performance at Atlanta

COMMERCE, Ga. – Steve Torrence hopes his last race for Dexter Tuttle and the Capco Racing/Tuttle Motorsports Top Fuel team will be one to remember.

Torrence bows out at the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway, Friday through Sunday, after announcing his decision to move on last week

“We want to have a good time,” he said. “I hope we run well because I’d like to end this chapter of my racing career on a good note before my family starts the new TORRENCE...

Back