Greg Stanfield keeping pace with Pro Stock point leader (1 Viewer)

COMMERCE, Ga. – Already acknowledged as one of the best Pro Stock drivers in NHRA’s Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Greg Stanfield now appears to be at the controls of a car that is capable of keeping him in championship contention throughout the remainder of the season.

“This is the best start I’ve ever had in Pro Stock,” said the driver of the Nitro Fish/Coffman Tank Trucks GXP. “We started right and we want to end up right. We have a good team . . . the same as last year, and we are building off that.”

Crew chief Eddie Guarnaccia and veteran crew member Mike Stryker have been working on tune-ups and car settings that have helped Stanfield climb into second place in series points. He is one point behind Jason Line (390-389) as the team prepares for the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals, Friday through Sunday, at Atlanta Dragway.

“I’m looking forward to going to Atlanta,” Guarnaccia said. “I think we have as good a combination as the others guys out there. The motor is making good power and Greg is doing a great job driving the car. It would be nice to go all the way to the winner’s circle.”

Stanfield has come very close to getting there twice already this season, but settled for runner-up points. He missed by five-thousandths of a second last month in the final round of the Four-Wide at Charlotte.

“The team has taken the pressure off me,” added Stanfield. “They want me to just get in there and drive and stay out of their way.”

That decision could yield dividends as the season rolls toward its Nov. 13 conclusion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back