You're Welcome (2 Viewers)

[QUOTE="PJ Sapienza, post: 389022, member: 387, nickname: PJ

I like the thread and find people getting all riled up for Alan calling us out funny. He had a point and was right. You can't be taken seriously in critiques if you can't also see the positives when they happen.

I understand what you are saying but I found it unfair to group commenters with people who start the threads. Very few including me ever start a thread. Without one to make a positive comment how are they guilty. This one could have been that platform but unfortunately it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

When people do that I view it more as a communal "you" then the exact person "you". It saves time from having to type each person a post could be directly aimed at. :)

I understand what you are saying but I found it unfair to group commenters with people who start the threads. Very few including me ever start a thread. Without one to make a positive comment how are they guilty. This one could have been that platform but unfortunately it wasn't.

I'm genuinely curious, if you felt like a positive comment was in order, why wait for someone else to start the thread? Why not just get the ball rolling yourself?

Alan

Not a Complaint But a Fact. If all the people who watch NHRA national events on either FS1-2 or NHRA.TV had to watch it in Canada on FOX SPORTS RACING they would not complain but there would be protesting and inflicting civil disobedience in the streets of America! The TV coverage that our cable provider (Rogers) gives us is the same feed with the comercials replaced with comercials for those highly intellegent FOX automotive shows like " Are You Faster Than A Redneck, Dumbest Stuff On Wheels, My Ride Rules and the ageless PINKS to name a few. Plus there is also periods of dead air, nothing but the Fox Sports Racing Logo on the screen. The ads are continuous in the same order every time usually starting with that marvellous fellow from the Mullet Mafia screeming Yahoo each commercial break. Not only is this iritating but it has gone on for three years since Fox took over. It's like the Chinese water torcher you can take it for the first hundred times but by 1000 your going to start to unwind. This is why I subscribe to NHRA.TV because FSR is an insult to my intellegence. If this were done to one of the major stick and ball sports there would be armageddon. I've tried to complain to my provider and Fox buy to no avail, maybe someone out there can hear me!

Not a Complaint But a Fact. If all the people who watch NHRA national events on either FS1-2 or NHRA.TV had to watch it in Canada on FOX SPORTS RACING they would not complain but there would be protesting and inflicting civil disobedience in the streets of America! The TV coverage that our cable provider (Rogers) gives us is the same feed with the comercials replaced with comercials for those highly intellegent FOX automotive shows like " Are You Faster Than A Redneck, Dumbest Stuff On Wheels, My Ride Rules and the ageless PINKS to name a few. Plus there is also periods of dead air, nothing but the Fox Sports Racing Logo on the screen. The ads are continuous in the same order every time usually starting with that marvellous fellow from the Mullet Mafia screeming Yahoo each commercial break. Not only is this iritating but it has gone on for three years since Fox took over. It's like the Chinese water torcher you can take it for the first hundred times but by 1000 your going to start to unwind. This is why I subscribe to NHRA.TV because FSR is an insult to my intellegence. If this were done to one of the major stick and ball sports there would be armageddon. I've tried to complain to my provider and Fox buy to no avail, maybe someone out there can hear me!
You know, Thanks for the reminder, it could always be worse... I think I will be grateful for what we have, rather than what we don't have...

when you think about it, with the advent of the DVR, what difference does it make whether the show starts on time, just program an hour of overtime on your machine whenever NHRA is scheduled and just watch the show whenever u want !!

when you think about it, with the advent of the DVR, what difference does it make whether the show starts on time, just program an hour of overtime on your machine whenever NHRA is scheduled and just watch the show whenever u want !!

That's what I've done for years. I couldn't tell you the last time I didn't watch it on DVR.

I'm genuinely curious, if you felt like a positive comment was in order, why wait for someone else to start the thread? Why not just get the ball rolling yourself?

Alan
[/QUOTE

As I stated above I never start a thread. I'm not sure I ever have. I did in my first post say I enjoyed it. To be totally honest I feel like I'm a thread killer. I have posted a lot of positives and no one wants to post afterward. No one cares what I have to say and I'm not sure why you did, lol.
I will say I was genuinely offended the way you presented your disappointment. I may be the only one and that's fine. Maybe I just expect more from you. I felt you could have better expressed your displeasure. I have often felt you only come on here to tell everyone (except your friends from the racing world) how dumb and clueless we are. I can tell you I'm not the only one who feels that way but I'm the only one who seems to speak up. I would rather see you spend that time telling stories from your past or giving us insight into current events. You're never going to convince the people who never have anything nice to say they are wrong so why waste your time?

You know, something I did notice on this weekends broadcast, was the way Amanda was doing her interviews.
She seemed to be doing different questions to start off with, and I do not recall if any of the questions were repeated.
I thought that was a refreshing change, so thanks! keep up the good work!
Lohnes. I like your style!
And Tony P, you have come a long ways since you 1st started. Keep it up, the hard work is showing!
I will admit i was not a fan at 1st, but i did notice your progress.

And Allan... I think I will call you Twinkle Tones. ~:)~

I enjoy conversation, and I have engaged many who disagree with me (some quite strongly) and as long as we are discussing and not name calling, or being ridiculous, I still enjoy it. I know that not everyone agrees with my point of view just as I know that some think I only spout the company line.
When I come on here, I'm a fan, maybe an insider fan, but still a fan. If something is posted that is wrong, I will point it out. If something is posted that I disagree with, I will often try to open the dialog. And at times have been swayed by discussion, or at least gotten a clearer understanding of why the person sees things a certain way. And if I am wrong and I get called on it, that's great. Hopefully I have learned something in the process.

If I disagree with something that NHRA does, I'm smart enough not to call them out on a public chat board. And I'm sure like anyone who works for a company there are times when I think that maybe I would have done something different. Then there's things like the Crew Chief thread, it's not my place to break the news so I stay away from it. And I always cite my sources when I do comment on a "Rumor" thread.

I'm still not sure why me calling out the constant nay-sayers offended you personally, like I said before, if I call out "All you Pro Stock haters" and you're not one of them, then I'm not talking to you. I waited three days for someone to start a thread about it and no one did. So I started it, and I started it the way I did hoping that maybe next time, everyone won't wait for me.

Alan

I enjoy conversation, and I have engaged many who disagree with me (some quite strongly) and as long as we are discussing and not name calling, or being ridiculous, I still enjoy it. I know that not everyone agrees with my point of view just as I know that some think I only spout the company line.
When I come on here, I'm a fan, maybe an insider fan, but still a fan. If something is posted that is wrong, I will point it out. If something is posted that I disagree with, I will often try to open the dialog. And at times have been swayed by discussion, or at least gotten a clearer understanding of why the person sees things a certain way. And if I am wrong and I get called on it, that's great. Hopefully I have learned something in the process.

If I disagree with something that NHRA does, I'm smart enough not to call them out on a public chat board. And I'm sure like anyone who works for a company there are times when I think that maybe I would have done something different. Then there's things like the Crew Chief thread, it's not my place to break the news so I stay away from it. And I always cite my sources when I do comment on a "Rumor" thread.

I'm still not sure why me calling out the constant nay-sayers offended you personally, like I said before, if I call out "All you Pro Stock haters" and you're not one of them, then I'm not talking to you. I waited three days for someone to start a thread about it and no one did. So I started it, and I started it the way I did hoping that maybe next time, everyone won't wait for me.

Alan

Not all the naysayers deserve to be talked down to like that in my opinion. How you don't know how I was offended I can't understand. The first post said I felt like you only came on here to shit on everyone. I'm not a Pro Stock hater but in your logic I would have no right to interject in said discussion which doesn't seem fair. I think I have a right to defend others if I feel that they are unfairly attacked. You have done that with your racing friends. Even though I don't hang out with people here I would like to think a few are my friends. As I said I may be the only offended here and that is ok. You clearly care way to much about what I have to say. Quit wasting your time and ignore me. You can't care how everyone feels about you. If I haven't explained myself after all of this you will never understand where I'm coming from. Just know you probably have way more people on your side than I do.

Not all the naysayers deserve to be talked down to like that in my opinion. How you don't know how I was offended I can't understand. The first post said I felt like you only came on here to shit on everyone. I'm not a Pro Stock hater but in your logic I would have no right to interject in said discussion which doesn't seem fair. I think I have a right to defend others if I feel that they are unfairly attacked. You have done that with your racing friends. Even though I don't hang out with people here I would like to think a few are my friends. As I said I may be the only offended here and that is ok. You clearly care way to much about what I have to say. Quit wasting your time and ignore me. You can't care how everyone feels about you. If I haven't explained myself after all of this you will never understand where I'm coming from. Just know you probably have way more people on your side than I do.

This is just ridiculous! You need to put on your big boy pants and grow a set if Alan's post offended you IMO. There, is that offensive enough??

I'm thankful that NHRA has made NHRATV available and you can see Drag Racing almost every day on FS1,FS2. They have issues at times but overall no complaints. Nascar would only wish they had coverage Drag Racing does, that's why NHRA is becoming more popular than any other Racing venue. Thanks Alan for coming on Mater giving us the input you do. Thanks

This is just ridiculous! You need to put on your big boy pants and grow a set if Alan's post offended you IMO. There, is that offensive enough??
I said what I said in the first post. He has blown this out of proportion. I'm only replying. Trust me I have bigger big boy britches than I would prefer. You are right this is ridiculous. I will work on growing a pair. Besides how could I be offended? You never have anything nice to say Mr. Staff Member, lol.

Last edited:
I said what I said in the first post. He has blown this out of proportion. I'm only replying. Trust me I have bigger big boy britches than I would prefer. You are right this is ridiculous. I will work on growing a pair. Besides how could I be offended? You never have anything nice to say Mr. Staff Member, lol.

I have enjoyed the discussion with you because (at least in my mind) it has been just that, a discussion. I didn't start this thread to as you say sh!t on everyone, I meant to call out those who constantly bitch, but can't be bothered to say "Nice job" when it is warranted. Again, a specific group, and if you're not a member of that group, then it's not you who I am calling out.

If you are defending those who you feel can't or won't defend themselves, then we are more alike then you may know.

For those who have come to my defense, Thank You!. But in this case, at least as I see it, Michael and I disagree, simple as that. And we are discussing it. He may very well be right. I don't know him at all, but I can see us having a beer and discussing this further. Neither of us has resorted to name calling or crossing the line. He has said he doesn't know why I don't just ignore him, it's because he feels passionate about his point, and I'm interested in hearing other viewpoints, especially those who feel as strongly as he does.

Alan

I just don't understand how people bitch and complain so much on everything it doesn't have to be a specific idea they just bitch. These last few years I have been real sick and have done a lot of soul searching, I've lost 5 good friends in the last month and it makes you wonder why I'm still here, I have always been an optimist and keep looking ahead in positive manner. I have complained about certain issues that goes on with NHRA but it seen to me they're changing in positive direction and Drag Racing will thrive from it. We will all be better if we confer in civil manner, it can be done and still speak about thoughts that you think aren't right .

Not a Complaint But a Fact
The ratio of Americans to Canadians is 10 to 1. I estimate the ratio of American to Canadian dragrace fan ratio is even greater than that, maybe 100 to 1. I don't blame anyone for this I'm just one enthusiast that feels the system is abusing me and I want my equal time to air my frustrations. Thankyou for forums like Nitromater for allowing freedom of speech. Just remember Dale Armstrong, Graham Light, Frank Hawley, Gary Beck and Bernie Federley are all Canadians and they are on my side!

Not a Complaint But a Fact
The ratio of Americans to Canadians is 10 to 1. I estimate the ratio of American to Canadian dragrace fan ratio is even greater than that, maybe 100 to 1. I don't blame anyone for this I'm just one enthusiast that feels the system is abusing me and I want my equal time to air my frustrations. Thankyou for forums like Nitromater for allowing freedom of speech. Just remember Dale Armstrong, Graham Light, Frank Hawley, Gary Beck and Bernie Federley are all Canadians and they are on my side!

Great list of people there....but the question I have for my neighbor to the North is....

Why did your Prime Minister lose a fake eyebrow on TV? Hmmmmmmm?😲

My family is of Canadian descent on both sides. I haven't always watched drag racing closely but I was watching the older youtube vids and saw some great Montreal races. Being near Boston I wish they'd bring racing back there, I'd make a trip to the Great White North as well as my annual Epping event..

Clarence, Gary Beck was actually from Washington. He did live in Canada a few years (Edmonton), but I think that was because his wife was Canadian. Lotsa people back then (including me) thought he was Canadian, but he was US citizen. He did bring a lot of exposure to Canadian drag racing, so maybe you could call him a semi-native. :) Many, many great racers from Canada. Wish they still had a national meet there.

The staff at Barona are friendly, enthusiastic, hardworking and really dig their track. It is a great place for a new racer to learn the craft as you can make a zillion runs on a TnT day. I would advise anyone thinking about drag racing to rent a car, go to Barona and make laps. My wife had a great time making her first passes ever in our tow vehicle. The Beef N Chedda is a wonderful lunchtime treat.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back