the "BULLDOZER" (1 Viewer)

bottom end

Nitro Member
I love it!

After struggling the first two qualifying rounds with the Toyota body, we made the decision to put our tried and true Impala body back on.
It is now affectionately nicknamed the "bulldozer" because it seems to bulldoze it's way down the track when we need it to.

What a great nickname, I don't know if any of you heard Bode comment on that during his interview, we all laughed when we heard him make it public.

Hats off to Bode for a great driving job and hats off to all the guys for doing their jobs perfectly. We had no issues at all, and had the car back on the ground ready to fire in less than 45 minutes between rounds.
The short block (Brainerd winner) stayed in the car the whole weekend and seems to be happy with the tune up.

It was another great weekend for us, and I'm so proud of all the guys.

I say get rid of that damn Toyota body and keep the Chevy body. :p

Anyway, you guys did great last weekend. Best of luck at the next race.

Congrats on a fantastic outing again.Tell Walt I said hi.and nice job.I am the guy who did Vinny`s clutch.

Last edited:
Didn't I hear Jeff Arend say you guys bought that body from them?

Great job, and here's hoping you guys stay busy late into race day for the rest of the season!

Has anybody had any success with a Toyota body?

Maybe its Karma Drag Racing was born in the USA.

Thanks for the congrats.

Paul, we just brought up Vinny in conversation this weekend.

I'm not saying the Toyota is a bad body, it's just different.
You never know, it might be our ticket to the .00's once we figure it out.
Look at Cruz this season, Jim Head, and well Jeff Arend.

Yes David it's a former DHL body, the one that was damaged when Robert Hight got into the side of Arend last season.

It was great seeing you all run well again. Special thanks to Bob for being so nice to my 7 yr old son on Friday and actually taking the time to talk to him, instead of just signing something and walking away. My boy has been running around for three days now showing everyone the place where "Bob, the cool funny car driver" signed his shirt.

That's how you make fans for life, right there.

Millican and Tasca also treated us extremely well on Friday, but Bob made by far the biggest impression on the boy.

It was great seeing you all run well again. Special thanks to Bob for being so nice to my 7 yr old son on Friday and actually taking the time to talk to him, instead of just signing something and walking away. My boy has been running around for three days now showing everyone the place where "Bob, the cool funny car driver" signed his shirt.

Millican and Tasca also treated us extremely well on Friday, but Bob made by far the biggest impression on the boy.

That's a good story right there! I'll pass it on to Bob.

Mike, it was great chatting with you in the pits on Saturday and Sunday. And we were all pulling for you but it was nice to see Jeff win too. A Bob vs. Jeff final woulda been the best. Too bad you guys met in the semi's.

Congrats on another great weekend guys, and thanks Mike and Eugene for the time that you both share with us on the Mater. That's another way that you make fans for life. ;)

I'd like to see a Bob vs. Jeff final all the time.

Throw Wilk and Head in there once in a while too.

Congratulations are in order!
It does bring to mind the need for GM to step up with some new bodies for AA/FC and for the Top Alcohol guys, as well.
Am I the only one? The Toyota is alleged to be a Solara. (Of course, any resemblance between a funny car body and it's street equivalent is entirely unintentional.) The grille decal, however is that of a Camry sedan. Puzzling.
Cheers,
Ed

Doug I told Bob what you said about your son, and that put a big smile on his face. Things like that is why we all love to do this so much.:)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back