You're Welcome (1 Viewer)

Most of the time I think he is closer to right than not.
Most of the time I don't say anything, Sometimes I do when I am tired and cranky... and I should not do that... ~:)~
I did notice they stuck with the broadcast which was cool, and thought to myself about that. Thanks for hanging with the show! 👍

I would agree. I think he is right more than wrong. I don't like how he goes about it. It comes across as unnecessary and arrogant.🙂

I was entertaining an out of town guest and at Firebird Raceway for the "Ignitor" Nitro Opener all weekend, so I was pleasantly surprised to see my DVR had recorded the extended coverage of Friday Night qualifying. I was actually quite shocked to have the extended coverage and felt that it was well over due and excellent at that.

My gripe however was that Sundays elimination broadcast was completely jacked up with what I believe to be DVR issues. Oh well, win some, loose some.

I would agree. I think he is right more than wrong. I don't like how he goes about it. It comes across as unnecessary and arrogant.🙂

Fair enough, sometimes my goal is to come across as annoyed (rarely angry but I can see how it could be interpreted that way).
I enjoy having a discussion with someone who has a different point of view, and I think that I respond in like tone to how I'm being spoken to.

When I was looking after the weekend, I really expected someone to say something positive about the Friday night extended broadcast. I realize there were extenuating circumstances, but the end result was we got bonus coverage.

Maybe my approach was a little to pointed, while trying to point out my point. I'm also OK with being called out when I'm over the line. In this case I really don't think I was, but if Michael thinks so, then maybe he's right. I can live with that.

Alan

Fair enough, sometimes my goal is to come across as annoyed
You do that well... ;)
and you encourage a good discussion, I like that too.
I don't like argumentative threads, that makes me want to puke, and I get enough of that in other places... 👩 ;)

Thank You for being the way you are, you call it as you see it and can discuss civilly! 👍
That is way better than me, sometimes I go over center...~:)~

Last edited:
I have to apologize for my poor choice of words above. I have no right to refer to anyone who posts here as unintelligent or a simpleton. I do believe some come across as irrational, uninformed or just looking to stir things up. Those words just made me look unintelligent and maybe I am, lol.

I'd be curious to see what the qualifying numbers are these days. I havent looked at them. Reason I say so, I'm a huge fan and I dont even watch the qualifying shows anymore. Couple of reasons. 1. I prefer watching live on nhra.tv 2. Its hit or miss whether it actually airs correctly. 3. Without full fields or with only 10 to 12 good cars there is no reason unless an accident or altercation. So basically, if I dont watch live, I just look up results and end up deleting the qualifying show.

For every thread and comment when FOX cut coverage short, or started late, or missed whatever.
Not one Atta Boy! for last Friday night, when we were delayed by rain, and then had an oil down first car down the track and FOX stayed with us over an hour past our scheduled time and showed every Nitro Car that went down the track.

I guess I'm really not all that surprised.

Alan
I was very happy...however, there wasn’t much of an option seeing the baseball game was in a rain delay also 🙂

I didn't even know there was a Friday show but good on the network for covering it. Since I got nhra.tv I haven't watched the regular telecast. It's kinda bad though as I don't sit their all day to watch the racing, I got stuff to do. Often I'll catch first round and this weekend got lucky and walked into the house as the finals were starting. I can't go back and watch the middle when I already know the ending.

I like the thread and find people getting all riled up for Alan calling us out funny. He had a point and was right. You can't be taken seriously in critiques if you can't also see the positives when they happen.

You can get a Beef N Chedda at Barona drag strip in northern San Diego county. Great, if terrifying, little track. Wonderful people there.

[QUOTE="PJ Sapienza, post: 389022, member: 387, nickname: PJ

I like the thread and find people getting all riled up for Alan calling us out funny. He had a point and was right. You can't be taken seriously in critiques if you can't also see the positives when they happen.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying but I found it unfair to group commenters with people who start the threads. Very few including me ever start a thread. Without one to make a positive comment how are they guilty. This one could have been that platform but unfortunately it wasn't.

You can get a Beef N Chedda at Barona drag strip in northern San Diego county. Great, if terrifying, little track. Wonderful people there.

What is it about Barona that is terrifying? I have heard that they have a short shut off area & that any car that runs 4's shuts off a little early so they can stop. Never been there but have seen videos on You Tube. Was told by someone that the Tribe could make the track 1/4 mile, but has stayed with 1/8 cuz of $$.

Cliff, Barona shut down looks short but its really not. However the track will probably never switch to 1/4 mile due to a dispute with a neighboring land owner. There are some other options but I dont think you see it happen as the costs would be just huge.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back