Yates Dumps Grump (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
Jim Yates announced that Sonny Leonard will be suppling the power for his 2008 PS campaign. Any rumors why? Yates seemed to be making progress for a while in 2007. Is the Hall of Famer getting too costly?

Lets Face it, The Summit Boys and Cagnazzi won just about all of the races last year so while Jenkins did provide enuff power to qualify Yates, I'm sure they're trying to step it up a notch so they can compete with the elite teams. I wonder what kind of relationship Jim has with Maskins theses days cause along with Glidden/Humphries, Maskins was running some serious numbers towards the end of the season.

Will be interesting to see how his motors compete in PS. I know they do good in the mountain motor scene.

well it's pretty well known that ol Yates is on a tight budget and the Grump don't build 'em cheap

Could it be Leonard is giving a cost break so as to make it knowen he can build a 500" engine w/ power to compete with the rest of the field.
Seeing how several mountain motor drivers are going from IHRA to NHRA.
just a thought

Wasn't Vinnie Deceglie was going to step up to the P/S ranks this year with engines by Sonny Leonard?

I believe Robert Patrick DNQed toward the season end with one of Sonny's 500 cube Ford motors. I think this could be a good long term move for Yates. But with sponsorships being the way they are,nothing is long term for sure.

I hope they do well.

But putting things in perspective..you can have all the power you need..but if you don't have a chassis setup..pfft.

And this is where Jim and Jamie could put it together..I'm a hopin.

Cagnazzi had it all going on..and Greg always has..man..that first 60 ft..Greg was always out a 1/10.

Looking forward to a good..competitive year..geez..it's Dec..LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back