World's First Four Second Altered Pass (1 Viewer)

Modern-day, yes. Front-engined AA/FDs ar e much prettier/cooler. This supposed AA/FA record should have a "*" attached. :(
There is a lot of people here compairing Apples to Oranges. For me what this record should have is several "Stars" instead of an * beside it. Having been on my head in a 100 inch Bantam that ran just under 200 MPH in about 1969/1970 it was no fun scraping up the roll bar. Yes those were 125" F/C chassis cars, but they are still about as aerodynamic as a Stineway and don't have 2500-3000 lbs. of down force on the front end. 100" WB at 200 is one thing but not realistic at 300 MPH safety wise. It is Ludicrous to think that anyone in their right mind would try to run 300 MPH in a 90/100 inch car shaped like a refridgerator. The current fast altered's are usually the longer chassis with a wing raised in the back. Apperently it doesn't make that much difference because the front wheels are off the ground most of the time.

I remember the Boggs Brothers winning ProComp at Columbus with there Funny car chassis with an Altered body without any stickers.
Nobody said hey it's not an Altered. In fact everyone thought it was great.
One of my favorite altereds of all time! That was over 40 years ago, yet at that time, it was really a "transformer". Meaning, it was a BB/FC with a '23 T Roadster body on it and wings all over. The period during which altereds were 100 inches long and the engine sitting up high was actually very short in the big picture.

Very cool video. The BIG question I have is who had more fun, Tim or Richard?
I can see Tim being the Crew chief in the near future with his son or Richard driving.

Very cool video. The BIG question I have is who had more fun, Tim or Richard?
I can see Tim being the Crew chief in the near future with his son or Richard driving.
had hopes alexander's 2019 stint in 2nd wilk camp car would have lasted longer (was former brian stewart operation; wonder if same chassis as the AA altered)

had hopes alexander's 2019 stint in 2nd wilk camp car would have lasted longer (was former brian stewart operation; wonder if same chassis as the AA altered)
I believe the old Brian Stewart car is now with Chad Green. Someone can correct me if remember incorrectly.

I believe the old Brian Stewart car is now with Chad Green. Someone can correct me if remember incorrectly.
Richard said in one of the videos this Fuel Altered chassis was originally driven by Tim, then by Tim's son, then by Stewart. I know Brian Stewart personally but I'm not sure if he had more than one chassis from Wilkerson, or if this was the only one.

There has been thousands of records thru the years Richards will be remembered for years for ET an speed. not all records are remembered but the first 300 the first 3 & 4 second runs an the first 200 mph all battery dragster among others will be remembered. cars change and new records will be added, lets just give credit to the assume runs that Richard ran. they deserve it.

Ok who will brake my unofficial land speed record of 70 MPH in a wooden SHIT house I will wait. LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
Larry, is this you? :)

Looks like there's more in it...isn't that what everybody says...than 4.92. They probably softened the launch a bit since it boiled the tires on the first pass. A 3.37 660'time is more in line with about a 5.10 1/4 mile. It put on a hell of a back half charge...304mph on the second full pull.

Three pages and not a mention of the previous "unofficial"record holder,Tom Motry out of Lockport,IL with his 'Drastic Plastic'. Tom was there at this race,as he travels with our Nitro Nostalgia F/C,Illinois Thunder,as we made the C Field final.Yes Toms car is what is condidered a Transformer,the "unofficial" record he held over eight years was a 5.28 at 278 mph or thereabouts.Tom is old school as they come,as his car has no clutch managment,no data recorder,no timers,no set back blower,none of the bells and whistles these big show type F/C Altereds have at this point in time,and this is not to take anything away from Wilk or Kinsley.They made great passes. Tom reads the plugs and looks at the bearings to tune the thing.
He predicted a four second pass,that his record would be history,and knew that with what was on these cars one of them would run quicker and faster. Great guy and nitro tuner.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back