World's First Four Second Altered Pass (1 Viewer)

OK, I wanna see if they can run 300.... Wow 4 second Fuel Altered..... I'm so old that I remember when they ran the first 6 in AA/FA. :)

Ok, I am a geezer, as said above, shorten the wheelbase, lose the front and rear wing, then I would be smiling, nice run for a Funny Car sans the egg body.

TopFuel@Lions

What an amazing pass. Sure wish I had attended.

Slightly off topic, but... I was at a Super Chevy Show at (then) Seattle International Raceway in about 1990. A fuel Altered ran 5.56, and the announcer called it a world record. Pretty sure it was tuned by Amos Satterlee. However, I can't find anything listed regarding that "record". Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Facts! And some people are living in the past and don't know drag racing evolves. People are just bitter they don't own a bad ass four second 300 mph fuel altered. Great job Tim and Richard. Also a great job from the War Wagon team - 304.59.
Can we here a AMEN.🤠
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter

great to see tim so happy.
with some folks saying this is not a true fuel altered i realize i dont know the history of the class or why they are questioning the validity of tims car.

Altereds in the Old Daze had short wheelbases, like 99". Very hard to drive. With the current nostalgia movement, there are 2 kinds of altereds: the originals with short wheel base (like the Rat Trap or the Wing) and Transformers, which are based on modern day F/C chassis. Even tho altereds are lighter than a F/C they are not streamlined, and still hard to drive because of that. Transformers like Tims' car are still altereds, just "modern day". They don't have the downforce of a F/C. Hartman said after he made the 4 second run that the car got a little out of shape about half way down but he was able to drive out of it. I'd like to know what the 1000' times were on Hartmans' run and the 1/8 mile times as well.

Altereds in the Old Daze had short wheelbases, like 99". Very hard to drive. With the current nostalgia movement, there are 2 kinds of altereds: the originals with short wheel base (like the Rat Trap or the Wing) and Transformers, which are based on modern day F/C chassis. Even tho altereds are lighter than a F/C they are not streamlined, and still hard to drive because of that. Transformers like Tims' car are still altereds, just "modern day". They don't have the downforce of a F/C. Hartman said after he made the 4 second run that the car got a little out of shape about half way down but he was able to drive out of it. I'd like to know what the 1000' times were on Hartmans' run and the 1/8 mile times as well.
This was the screenshot from the computer on the 4.92. It looks off because the system was setup for 1/8 mile. The 1000’ et did not register for some reason?

Attachments

• 718A76F9-0E29-4B5B-A840-443120120ACB.png
    718A76F9-0E29-4B5B-A840-443120120ACB.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back