World's First Four Second Altered Pass (1 Viewer)

First pass from floracing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-231023_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-231023_Facebook.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 56
those are some cool passes.i bet from the grandstands they look the same,its so cool that people are still building and running this type of cars.does anyone know thats going on with the Wing

First off, it was a great run. Congrats to Richard for running his quickest E.T. ever. As for the debate, to me, it's very similar to the modern vs nostalgia for Top Fuel and Funny Car. There are quickest and fastest runs in modern TF, and there are quickest and fastest runs in nostalgia TF. There are quickest and fastest runs in modern FC and there are quickest and fastest runs in nostalgia FC. Hartman just made the quickest run in a modern Fuel Altered (and the first to 300mph) and somewhere out there, someone else owns the record for quickest and fastest in a nostalgia Fuel Altered. In my opinion, when it comes to Top Fuel, Funny Car, and AA/Fuel Altered, there is a big enough difference between the modern versions and the nostalgia versions that you're essentially talking about 6 different classes, with 6 different record books.

There has been thousands of records thru the years Richards will be remembered for years for ET an speed. not all records are remembered but the first 300 the first 3 & 4 second runs an the first 200 mph all battery dragster among others will be remembered. cars change and new records will be added, lets just give credit to the assume runs that Richard ran. they deserve it.

Ok who will brake my unofficial land speed record of 70 MPH in a wooden SHIT house I will wait. LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

This was the screenshot from the computer on the 4.92. It looks off because the system was setup for 1/8 mile. The 1000’ et did not register
Altereds in the Old Daze had short wheelbases, like 99". Very hard to drive. With the current nostalgia movement, there are 2 kinds of altereds: the originals with short wheel base (like the Rat Trap or the Wing) and Transformers, which are based on modern day F/C chassis. Even tho altereds are lighter than a F/C they are not streamlined, and still hard to drive because of that. Transformers like Tims' car are still altereds, just "modern day". They don't have the downforce of a F/C. Hartman said after he made the 4 second run that the car got a little out of shape about half way down but he was able to drive out of it. I'd like to know what the 1000' times were on Hartmans' run and the 1/8 mile times as well.
Id guess 4.22-4.30 to 1000’

There has been thousands of records thru the years Richards will be remembered for years for ET an speed. not all records are remembered but the first 300 the first 3 & 4 second runs an the first 200 mph all battery dragster among others will be remembered. cars change and new records will be added, lets just give credit to the assume runs that Richard ran. they deserve it.

Ok who will brake my unofficial land speed record of 70 MPH in a wooden SHIT house I will wait. LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Pretty sure this guy has the record :)

Attachments

• fastouthouse.jpg
    fastouthouse.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 36
It blows my mind how many people poo-poo The Fuel Altered runs from this weekend because they don't believe they are "real" fuel altereds. Same on FB. I love the old style fuel altereds too, but "transformers" are absolutely fuel altereds. There is such a thing as progress, that's why we have the performances, in all categories, that we enjoy today. Do people think that because modern FA's are 20-25 inches longer in the front, they're a piece of cake to drive, let alone run in the 4's? Watch even the blown alky versions that run AA/AM, in Comp, which when things go right can run very low sixes, and you'll really appreciate what it takes to take the same configuration, add more cubes and nitro, and try to run in the 4's at over 300 MPH. Hats off to the teams that did this weekend!

Here's my take on that feat; that was just downright awesome. And I see an opportunity for a new class at the national level if the powers to be will allow it.

The classic short wheel based cars are a different animal, but even those guys will tell you they're better off as exhibition cars.

Here's my take on that feat; that was just downright awesome. And I see an opportunity for a new class at the national level if the powers to be will allow it.

The classic short wheel based cars are a different animal, but even those guys will tell you they're better off as exhibition cars.
Agreed on both counts. Here's what's funny to me, for the type of car we're talking about, wouldn't it be safe to say that even 125 inches is "short wheelbase"?

I remember the Boggs Brothers winning ProComp at Columbus with there Funny car chassis with an Altered body without any stickers.
Nobody said hey it's not an Altered. In fact everyone thought it was great.

And for the record, The War Wagon driven by Kebin Kinsley went faster by 0.06 mpg on Saturday and is now the record holder at 304.59 mph. His ET was 5.06 sec.

Richard got to build the car for Tim to have some fun, that is pretty awesome.
But to have Tim ask him to drive it, that is beyond badass!
Having fun and going fast. That is the reason why most of us do this.
Nice job to the whole crew!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back