Worlds Fastest Indian (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
The Worlds Fastest Indian is a much watch film for any motorsports fan. I had heard a lot of talk about it but wasn't all that excited to see it. My wife brought it home and it was one enjoyable film! About the best film I've seen in a while....you get the picture!

Rich, there was a thread about this movie awhile back. I think Joe Sherwood started it. Anyway, it was a great movie, but one I guarantee my wife WOULD NOT have brought home to watch. I did, and made her (well suggested) watch part of it with me since I discovered it could appeal to women too. She enjoyed the part she watched, but wasn't interested in watching the whole movie. Anthony Hopkins was a great choice to play Burt Munro. It should be on every motorsports person's "must see" list.

I guess I wasn't paying attention when Joe started a string. I would give Hopkins the Oscor for Best Actor wouldn't you?

When I went and saw it in the Theater. Two very Drunk Indian males were in the theater, I guess they thought the movie title was about else. That's what I thought seeing the title in the paper, movie is a must for any motorsports enthusiast.;)

Last edited:
I guess I wasn't paying attention when Joe started a string. I would give Hopkins the Oscor for Best Actor wouldn't you?

Rich, I would absolutely agree with you about Anthony Hopkins performance. It would be deserving of an Oscar in my eyes, but I don't think the movie has enough Hollywood or mainstream push to get it into consideration, but then "what do I know". Anthony Hopkins is amazing in pretty much every movie he is in.

Kelly, it should not be hard to find on the rental shelves so let us know what you think after you watch it.

It turns out I know someone who helped Munro when he first came over here. The guy helped him get his bike out of customs and helped him get established over here. I guess the guy was dirt poor, even worse than they made it out in the movie.

What was amazing was he was from the little country of New Zealand were materials and parts were hard to come buy back then.
It took everything he had to follow his dream it's an excellent movie.
What was funny was I first saw the movie on a plane. I was going from New Zealand to Sydney the movie hadn't open in the states yet so I new nothing a bout it but it was a pleasant surprise I really enjoyed it.

Caught the movie today on Discovery HD... It was excellent, I highly recommend it. Hopkins was awesome!

The part where he gets kind of "taken aback" when he first sees the salt really hit home to me as I have the same experience e first time I saw the salt and realized I was really at Bonniville.

Jay

Just Bought the DVD, on the Special Features they have tapeed interviews with the Real Burt Monro from the 70's.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back